FM 2009: Official greatest achievement [so far] thread

Club: Barnet

Achievement: Promotion to the Premiership

Money Spent Throughout: £3.4m overall on transfer fees

How Many Seasons It Took: 6

Extra Comments: To be honest luck played as big a part in it as my management skills

Club: Barnet

Achievement: Promotion to the Premiership

Money Spent Throughout: £3.4m overall on transfer fees

Extra Comments: To be honest luck played as big a part in it as my management skills

hmmm,I dont normally troll but did the rolling save aswell as luck and management skills play its part?

i got to keep the European cup after winning it 5 times

or

signing De Jong on a free transfer & then selling him for £37.5m the next season

or

having a player in the World XI

or

just looking at my squad & tactics

or

smelling my own farts

And that my friend, is why your not normal :)

Ivory Coast

£0

Beat Brazil 1 - 0 in friendly

Leeds Utd

£30M so far

Milan 1 - 2 San Siro then 3 - 0 Elland Road 5 - 1 Agg

To qualify for Champions League

then

Inter Milan - 0 - 2 San Siro Group Stages

Come on Delph!!!

Club: Aston Villa

Achievement: Winning the League Cup

Money Spent Throughout: About 12mil I think

How many seasons it took: First season

Extra comments: This might not sounds the best of achievements but I finished 17th in this season but won the League Cup beating a premiership Team in every round. Tottenham in the 3rd Round, Arsenal in the 4th Round, Chelsea in the Quarter Final, Newcastle in the Semi Final and Man U in the Final who I beat 5-3. I would of got sacked but winning the League Cup saved my job :D

• 4 months later...

I have two...I'll just post both. :D

Club: Canada

Achievement: 2010 World Cup!

Money Spent Throughout: About $0

How Many Seasons It Took: 1

Extra Comments:We lost 2 games and tied Ivory Coast to finish bottom of the group, but we did go up to 30th in the rankings. :p

Club: Real Oviedo

Achievement: finally breaking the Real Madrid-Barca dominance, finishing 2nd

Money Spent Throughout: A lot

How Many Seasons It Took: 13 seasons

Extra Comments: 3rd richest club in the world :D, behind Real and Barca of course... :(

Club: Merthyr Tydfil

Achievement: Taking a newly promoted side from the BSS into the BSP at the first time of asking, started off with no players or staff to boot.

Money Spent: Off the top of my head around 5K, haven't played that game in a while though.

Seasons: One

Comments: Not played this save in a while, got frustrated at our lack of progress/board's lack of ambition in the BSP so put it on the backburner for a while.

That's about my only achievement on FM09, currently sitting through season after season of 2nd division football in Northern Ireland with Portstewart, blew a 10pt gap to miss out on promotion last season (my 4th) and now we've fallen away AGAIN in the 5th as we look destined for a 6th season running of not quite being good enough :(

Club: Empoli

Achievement: Winning Serie B with only one defeat, 1-0 on the opening day

Money Spent Throughout: £2.7m

Extra Comments: This just beats getting Empoli's highest ever Serie A finish!

Club: Aldershot

Achievement: Promotion to Premiership in 4 years (including back-to-back to get to the Championship)

Money Spent Throughout: 400k...net spend is about -500k

How Many Seasons It Took: 4

Extra Comments: I was predicted to finish bottom every season except for the 4th.

Club:Pompey

Achievement:Premiership tittle

Money Spent Throughout:90 mil

How Many Seasons It Took:3

Extra Comments:On the final day i was playing Arsenal at home.We shared 1 place but they had better goal difference.I was losing 1-0 in the 10th min.In 5 min my AMR Marquinos scores hattrick than my MC scores directly from corner and another goal from corner made it 5-1.:D:cool:

Club: Barcelona

Achievement: Unbeaten in 73 League Games + counting!

Money Spent Throughout: upwards of £200mill

Extra Comments: A few hairy moments where i've been down at half-time and inspired team-talks pulled my side through!

Club: Man Utd

Achievement: Won league, league cup, super cup, community shield, world club championship and fa cup

Money Spent Throughout: £0m

Extra Comments: Set my self a challenge to keep man utd on top without signing a single player... only using current players and youth players coming through acadamy... in 2nd season and on coarse for league, europe and domestic cup double

Club: Odense BK

Achievement: Winning the Danish league unbeaten, with 29 wins and 4 draws

Money Spent Throughout:9m

How Many Seasons It Took:5

Extra Comments: My second title in five seasons, didnt really look like losing at any point in the season either. season 6 isnt going quite as well mind.

Club: Tenerife

Achievement: Taking control of the Liga Adelante side midway through the season when they were 22nd with 7 points (leaders with 34) and saving them from relegation to a non-active league. My first 15 games were unbeaten with 11 wins and we finished 7th, above pre-season mid table expectations

Seasons: 1

Spent: $200k (Daniel Opare)

Exra Comments: Drew with Barca in the cup after extra time but missed 3 penalties

Club: Celtic

Achievement: Domestic Treble

Money Spent Throughout: Not much (Net)

How Many Seasons It Took: 2

Extra Comments: Should have only taken one, but lost in the Scottish Cup final to Rangers in the first season - only match I've lost against them in 2 and a half seasons in charge. I know this isn't really a massive achievement, but I haven't done a great deal on FM09 worth shouting about. It's this, or won the Premiership with Arsenal, or qualified for the Champions League with Newcastle, or promoted to the BSP and won the Conference League Cup with FC United.

Club: West Ham

Achievement: Champion League Qualification (4th)

Money Spent Throughout: €5m (started with €1m)

Extra Comments: Was over the moon and shocked, did help that in Jan 09 i got 2 excellent players on loan. Qualified for Champions League on final day of season by beating Spurs 2-0 and Man City (rivals for 4th place) lost 3-0 to Sunderland

Club: Nottingham Forest

Achievement: Promotion to PL 2nd season, then relegation, then straight back up with championships highest ever points (109)

Seasons: 2/4

Spent: First time about 500-600k. 2nd time around 2.5 mill

Club: Getafe

Achievement: La liuga champions

Money Spent Throughout: £12 million

How Many Seasons It Took: 2nd season we were crowned champions

Only spent £1.5 million in the 1st season and finished 6th, 2nd season we sold £30 million worth of players and spent £10.5 million. Thanks to Uche hitting alot of goals and destroying every defense in the league we managed to win the title thanks to winning the last 3 games against Athletico Madrid 2-0 at home we then went to the Nou Camp and won 2-0 despite having a fair few less shots, we then beat Sevilla and Atletico to clinch the title from Barcelona by a single point.

I have played 3 more seasons and never achieved the title win again past two years we missed out on it by 1 point and 2 points. This is easily the best thing I have ever done one FM.

Archived