Feeder Clubs + Loans

Neji

Why do we have to wait between asking for feeder clubs?

I can understand if you are successful but if you get turned down by the club you choose, you then have to wait. It doesn't make any sense.

I'm trying to loan out some of my youngsters, so I thought I'd get a feeder so I can send them there. I chose Sheffield Wednesday and they said no and now I can't ask for whatever period of time the board see fit.

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll post my other question in here.

Why will noone show any interest in loaning out my young players? Is anyone else having this problem? I don't feel comfortable keeping them in reserve team football and they are good enough for my league nevermind on league down but I list them for loan and no one wants to know. Even if I offer them out, no one will take them.

Is it just me or are others having this problem?

Feeder Clubs are an issue. I think there is a waiting time to stop the player getting too many feeder clubs. I think when you request a feeder club then regardless of whether you get a feeder club or not you have to wait until whatever the time period is until you can request another one. I think that for future versions of the game you should be allowed to request another feeder club if you don't have a reccomendation from the boards selection or the feeder club rejects you.

As for the loaning of my youngsters I can't say I have experienced this. I have built up a rather extensive portfolio of feeder clubs and there is always one that i find suitable.

I can understand if you are successful but if you get turned down by the club you choose, you then have to wait. It doesn't make any sense.

I'm trying to loan out some of my youngsters, so I thought I'd get a feeder so I can send them there. I chose Sheffield Wednesday and they said no and now I can't ask for whatever period of time the board see fit.

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll post my other question in here.

Why will noone show any interest in loaning out my young players? Is anyone else having this problem? I don't feel comfortable keeping them in reserve team football and they are good enough for my league nevermind on league down but I list them for loan and no one wants to know. Even if I offer them out, no one will take them.

Is it just me or are others having this problem?

I concur. You are falling into the lack of immersion tar pit trap that I whinge about incessantly. It simply is not logical that if you got a fax back saying, 'no ta!' your board would defer the matter for another six months.

Simply having a hard coded limit on the number of affiliate clubs that is mutable by reputation, resources and commercial activity makes far more sense. Handing complete control over the process to the human player, irrespective of whether it falls within his job remit adds to immersion and detracts from frustration. You are tasked with developing your young players, there is no academy manager doing it for you: therefore you need control over the loan process.

Chuck in the fact young player reputations are screwed up presently - so they won't want to go on loan anywhere half the time anyway - and you have a recipee for a lot of annoyed posts on the forum. :thup:

I agree. I think this is based on the theory that if the board can't recommend a club, then it's unrealistic to ask again straight away. But this shouldn't be the case for specifically asked clubs that reject you such as Sheff Wed in your example.

I feel that if you haven't reached your current feeder club limit, you should be able to ask as regularly as you like until you reach that limit.

Simply having a hard coded limit on the number of affiliate clubs that is mutable by reputation, resources and commercial activity makes far more sense.

Thats the thing, I think 09 does have these limits. Or similar ones, at least. So it doesn't make sense to stop me requesting again.

I feel that if you haven't reached your current feeder club limit, you should be able to ask as regularly as you like until you reach that limit.

I agree with you here. That should be the case.

I think the design idea is:

1, feeder clubs are powerful

2, feeder club arrangements aren't really a manager thing, they're a board thing

3, if there weren't such a limit, there would be no reason for the manager not to request a feeder club, fail, request, fail, request .. until he succeeded in getting a linkage.

Therefore, the time limit, which makes sense from a "preventing the user club from growing too powerful too quickly" game-balance perspective, even if it doesn't make sense from an immersion perspective.

Therefore, the time limit, which makes sense from a "preventing the user club from growing too powerful too quickly" game-balance perspective, even if it doesn't make sense from an immersion perspective.

I don't see why that is because I wouldn't beable to grow too powerful if I didn't get a feeder club. So I wouldn't be gaining any advantage in asking again. I'd only gain an advantage if I could ask time and time again even though I succesfully made a link with another club.

Neji - your club "grows" in power (adds feeder clubs) less quickly in the current form than in the proposed form.

For the sake of example, lets assume its 6 months between "asks", and you have a 25% chance of succeeding in an ask. Your board will allow 4 feeder clubs; you currently have zero.

If its six months between successful asks, you will reach 4 feeder clubs in 2 years.

If its six months between asks, you will reach 4 feeder clubs in an average of 8 years.

Archived