How to Club and Country Manage?

Is it possible on FM08 to be both a club and country manager from the ofset?

I started a new game,FM08 version 8.02 &

entered my details, picked a club, took control but find that I can't choose a country to manage as well!

I seem to remember you could do this on an older version of Football/Champ Manager.

Any clue's before I start to get involved in this new game as to how to have the international job too??

Do i need to restart again?

Cheers in advance

YK

Is it possible on FM08 to be both a club and country manager from the ofset?

I started a new game,FM08 version 8.02 &

entered my details, picked a club, took control but find that I can't choose a country to manage as well!

I seem to remember you could do this on an older version of Football/Champ Manager.

Any clue's before I start to get involved in this new game as to how to have the international job too??

Do i need to restart again?

Cheers in advance

YK

Nope.

You options are :-

a) Start as national, gain a club along the way (might be quiet easy with a high rep)

b) Start as club manager, become good enough to become a national manager (much harder then the first option)

Option a) is actually easier, although it will probably take some time to get a high reputation national team. There is an issue with method b) where even as a well reputed national manager clubs don't seem to be able to see this reputation and laugh you off (if they're a big/medium club).

How much impact does nationality have on you becoming a National manager?

I am playing as a German manager who has spent his whole career in England, I am currently the manager of the best team in the EPL and probably the whole of Europe. Lots of silverware graces my cupboard, yet on the 2 times the England job has come up it has gone to an English manager who has done less than me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheYorkshireKing:

Was I right in thinking that in a previous installment of the game you could choose both club and country at the start of a new game/user??

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't ever remember that being an option, but I could be wrong!

Archived