Cypriot Leagues?

I've seen this additional league(s) suggested on here numerous times in the past, and I'm wondering if SI have considered their inclusion?

Particularly with Anorthosis Famagusta playing in this year's Champions League, it seems to me a perfect time to implement a league on the up. It's a pretty varied league too, with a huge number of nationalities represented, particularly when you consider the size of the country.

The country itself are football mad, especially with the recent successes of the national side (Irish fans, remember? ;)), and with no clearly dominant force like in some countries, it seems like it'd be a good fun league to play.

The league structure itself is pretty simple; 4 leagues, a Premier League of 14 teams, and 3 Leagues below that, with a regional system below it. 3 teams promoted and demoted each year between the 4 Leagues, I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypriot_football_league_system - Read about it here, if you want.

So, SI, any plans? I'm sure the research would be easier than with many leagues included in the game, particularly with the large British presence and influence on the island.

:cool::thup:

I'm sure that SI intend to add more leagues eventually, but at present they have other more pressing things they need to sort out. I'd anticipate tweaks and changes to the match engine and press conferences, for instance, first, since the general consensus is that both need some work and SI don't tend to leave a job half-finished, and certainly not one they just implemented. For the time being, SI have made it known that they aren't adding any more leagues in the near future, but give it a bit of patience and you will probably have your wish in time. It might take a couple of game versions first, though.

Hong Kong and Singapore are included, quite obviously, to expand market potential in the East.

Not only that, it helps to add a bit of balance and a global spread to where you can manage. I still think Cyprus would be a cool one to have, though. I'd sooner manage there than Singapore!

Archived