From BSP to the Premier league...

How many people have actually managed to get a team from the Blue square premier north or south to the premier league? I am really interested to know because I can't do it I always get bored or something.

How long did it take?

Did you stay there in your first season or come straight backdown?

Who on the forums has done it in the least amount of seasons?

:thup:

It has been done many times, people have as well gone further in taking a team from below the BSS/N to win the Champions League. See last year's dafuge's challenge (it's a long thread - the challenge is very popular, this years is here). I believe wisla_krakow did it fastest last year (although don't quote me on that ;))

EDIT: Gundo of course gets there first :)! But my post is cooler :cool:.

I've done it on the previous version of Footy Manager... with AFC Wimbledon once they had arrived in the game... i took over them as soon as they entered the Blue Square South, in 2016, leaving AC Milan for them, and then it took me until 2034/35 season to win the premiership... took them to the champions league quarter finals the following year, and then the new version has come out now!

Do it... it's brilliant fun, and the ultimate FM challenge in England aye!

I am trying it with Hyde this time. BSN to to BSP was easy (probably because hyde had a good budget). Now in season 3 (2nd in BSP) and for some reason having a worse time of it in BSP this year despite having a better team than last year.

In FM08, i tried to get Bury from League 2 to EPL but some how got stuck in league 1 so gave and took a job with Coventry in league one. Interestingly my Bury team with AI manager actually did better :) So maybe my tactics suck :p

How many people have actually managed to get a team from the Blue square premier north or south to the premier league? I am really interested to know because I can't do it I always get bored or something.

How long did it take?

Did you stay there in your first season or come straight backdown?

Who on the forums has done it in the least amount of seasons?

:thup:

I am in my fourth season now, still struggling in league 2 (second year in league 2). Maybe I can get promotion next season.:p

Am i the only person who hasnt completed a season without getting bored yet?

I've played the game for days, literally my longest career save was over 6 days, but I didn't get bored with it. My attention to one teams is what stalls me out. I always seem to find a team who is in perilous financial condition that appeals to the "glutton for punishment" side of me.

i took a mid-table League 2 side (Barnet) to the Premiership... took 6 seasons i think (had a very jammy season in League 1 and got consecutive promotions), i'm in my second Prem season now having narrowly avoided relegation last season and am in another tough relegation battle

i've found that with all the money being pumped into the Premiership on my game, the gap between decent, stable Premiership clubs and newly promoted or small Premiership clubs is ever increasing

Im currently with AFC Telford just promoted to the championship and im in 2013 June, Used a modified 433 using the TTAF bible to create def normal and attacking verisons.

1st season 2nd in Square North

2nd season 7th in prem

3rd season 2nd in prem

4th season 7th in 2

5th season 5th in 1

Cant see the team Ive got now staying in the championship, and I cant seem to find any decent players who wanna come to me, maybe I will when the leagues are redone. scouts are bringing back half decent players, but nothing above championship quality so heres hoping!

I did it with Blyth on FM08.

Nearly went down first season, but managed to scrape 17th place. Went on to eventually win the league.

On 09, I haven't played a game from the lower leagues yet. I'll be playing as Gateshead though and giving it a go again this year.

Gateshead are bitter rivals with Blyth...

i have got farlsey into the Blue square prem and it took me two seasons on my 3rd currently 10th so my aims are realisisitic to get them in the prem soon.

i have never done anything like that though on fm08 i got oxford from the conference to the championship but struggled to make my mark in that league and never got close to the prem.

currently in my second season with York & have them 3rd in League2, 1st & 2nd are a lock so it's the race for 3rd or the play-offs.

i'm unstoppable @ home but share wins & losses away, really need to sit down & create an "Away Formation", if i make it to League1 i'll be looking @ a complete overhaul of my team though; continuously outclassed in Cup games buy mid-level League1 sides.

never had the patience to complete a run from BSP to the Premiership but this is the game i'll try to do it with, unfortunately the fact i'll be patching the game in a couple of days will probably end that dream; just can't bring myself to start out with that mess of a team in the beginning.

I've played the game for days, literally my longest career save was over 6 days, but I didn't get bored with it. My attention to one teams is what stalls me out. I always seem to find a team who is in perilous financial condition that appeals to the "glutton for punishment" side of me.

Same here, I love taking a "down and out" team and building a lasting legacy with them. Though I never do more than one team in the same country. Biggest save was in FM07, went through 56 seasons over 3 different teams, brought a tear to my eye when I left that game.

In FM08 I got Harrogate Town to L2 in consecutive seasons but it felt kind of easy - then i realised I was the only BSP team to have championship club as a parent and had quality players like Howson and Ben Parker (from Leeds) in my promotion-winning teams. I felt like I'd done it with a workaround rather than skill (I think parent clubs are banned in Dafuge's challenge) and grew a little bored after that.

Will probably try again on 09, but once I'm bored with League clubs.

Archived