Frustrating negotiation

don't know if this exists i tried a search.

does anyone get this, you enquire about a players availability, the club comes back and says lets say 2we want 200k for so-and-so, then when you reply to this, sometimes the option is "accept demands" but other times it says "make new offer" and when you bid they negotiate with you again. i tried changing the bid to non-negotiable but then it is just rejected. surely if they name the price they should accept this?

Common problem. Being looked at apparently.

I hate the negotiation:

Me: I'd like to buy your stiker for £10million please.

AI: No, I want £15million.

Me: Okay, how about £12million.

AI: Hmm... no, £17million.

Me: Right, £13.5million.

AI: £20million.

Me: £15million.

AI: £22million.

Me: Cancel transfer.

Continue one day.

Me: I'd like to buy your striker for £15million please.

AI: Oh, okay then.

THAT annoys me. FM07 was terrible for this. FM08 stopped it. Now it's back.

Hmph.

Yeah but in this version at least we have:

You want to buy player x - hmmm, well he's an important part of my side (never plays, has an average rating of 5.4 over 6 games all season, and is squad status backup) so lets say 20 mil since he's actually valued at 2.4 mil.

Next day.....

Club X (same as above) would like to offer you Leonel Messi for 3.7 mil.......

All because Messi said he wasn't happy at being substituted !

Yeah but in this version at least we have:

You want to buy player x - hmmm, well he's an important part of my side (never plays, has an average rating of 5.4 over 6 games all season, and is squad status backup) so lets say 20 mil since he's actually valued at 2.4 mil.

Next day.....

Club X (same as above) would like to offer you Leonel Messi for 3.7 mil.......

All because Messi said he wasn't happy at being substituted !

here saffgee, have you given the answer for that question you posted the other day? cant find the thread.

yeah, i did - was late cause I was out last night....was indeed schmeichel

ah cheers, it was very tricky at first, il try earn a few bob in the pub at the weekend with that one. i was very anxious to find the answer, lost alot of sleep over it lol:D

THAT annoys me. FM07 was terrible for this. FM08 stopped it. Now it's back.

In my experience, in happened all the time in 08. The entire tranfer system in 08 was terrible. 09 has got it much better. It sometimes still happens but in this version you can actually negotiate a price. It's not perfect but much better IMO.

Still one annoying thing in FM09..

If you miss the right "asking price", the club will want more money next time.

If Arshavin's asking price is 9.75 mil, and you offer 9 mil they'll refuse and next time they will ask for 10.75 mil or more. And if you miss again you know whats gonna happen ;)

In my experience, in happened all the time in 08. The entire tranfer system in 08 was terrible. 09 has got it much better. It sometimes still happens but in this version you can actually negotiate a price. It's not perfect but much better IMO.

Agree with this... the only thing they need to fix is the ridiculous large money you get when selling a player... Man City are a money machine rather than a football club lol

But when buying players... it has become far more realistic than 08 was. A step forward although as Neji said it has yet to be perfected.

Yer this is so annoying on fm, the above posts sum up the problem, hope its fixed asap! Particuarly annoying if your a small team (Im Bradford) and you want a half decent player for not a lot of money, you offer the team what they ask for and they bump the price up for double what they originally asked.

Also, what makes this problem twice as annoying, is when another team comes in for the player you want, an example of this happened with me:

Me: How much for Joe Bloggs?

AI: £0

ME: Ok, heres nothing

AI: Bugger off

Another AI team: We'll give you £0 for him and laugh at you whilst we drive off with your quality player who we just got for free.

AI: Certainly, sign here please.

Me: Oh, cheers then.

Archived