Is it possible to be offered a job, without applying?

Just a curious question, the answer obviously should be yes, but i wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't so.

So, is it indeed possible to get offered a job from another club, even though you haven't applied for it, for example if you're doing well in the championship and a premiership club without a manager would come knocking?

It was in FM08, I'm pretty sure it still is. Do well at a club and if another club of your level sacks their manager you are sometimes linked with the job in the press. If you say you would be very interested, that usually sparks a job offer, though it upsets your current club.

Also I've had job offers before (Fm08 again) from creating a manager with a good experience level and just holidaying for a few weeks.

That said, I'll finish by pointing out that, while I've been linked with jobs in FM09 I'm yet to have actually been offered a contract by another club yet...though I've barely finished two seasons yet, so it's early days.

Okey, thanks for getting that cleared up then:thup:

Altough, personally, the only job offers i can expect in my current game would come from the likes of kidderminster harriers and scarborough, since i just got the effing bullet after only 6 months at newcastle:o

Archived