Can a player be trained beyond accomplished?

title says it all really. I noticed that when a player has a position as accomplished there is still an option to train in that position. so can they become even better at playing there? cheers

In FM2008 you could train those who already had 19 for a position in the editor to become 'natural'. Don't know if this still works, but you could try it with Lucas at Liverpool (19 for MC).

when you look at a players coach report there is a drop down menu where you can look at his other positions. His accomplished positions are always less stars than his natural(obviously). for eg, i have bought rakitic from schalke, for AMC (his natural) the choach rates him as a future quality player, but as MR/AMR(accomplished) he is rated as future decent. Was wondering if this could be increased to good/quality through more training. otherwise what is the point in the option being there?

I managed to train Ryan Babel to be a natural right winger. I had to go backwards and forwards between MR and AMR but it is possible.

thats good news then. I dont play AMC's so I need him good playin on the wing, he's young aswell so that should work in my favour. If he becomes upset with learning a new position will he become natural?

also I remember when I used to train players when they became accomplished I would take them off that position and they would then revert back to competent/whatever. Does this happen if you train them to natural?

Yes. Players can be trained to be natural in any positions. However, only trainning is not enough, you have to place the player on the trained position in the match very often. I don't think there is a age restriction for position trainning to become natural. Position can be natural at any age as long as your players are trained and played in the new position.

Wow. I never realized that. I use midfielders in "accomplished" positions quite often, but never bother training them at that position because I had assumed that this was as far as they could progress.

ye thats exactly what i thought. you learn something new every day on here :)

Archived