How do I access a team's Salary/Budget BEFORE accepting a Job?

Forgive me if this sounds newbish, but what am I missing here? Is there a way to see salary and budget information for any team before I accept a job with them? All I can see is estimated value, but that doesn't tell me how big a mess I might be getting myself into.

I started a new game unemployed and accepted a job with a 3rd division Brazilian squad. They don't even have enough players eligible to field a full squad! And I still have 5 games left to play in the season.

What the hell is this?

pic2ux6.jpg

Yes, you can see this information. However, it's a backdoor method and does disrupt the team's chemistry before you arrive.

You can go to options and tick the box for "add new user" or "add new coach". Assign that coach a name and false background (call him "Fake Coach", if you like). Assign him to the team you wish to investigate and when he takes over you can scan everything you want as if you were the real manager.

Then, if you decide you want this club, retire your fake coach and apply for the job with your real manager.

If not, retire him anyway, and allow someone else to take over the team automatically.

tbh the very first question most managers would ask potential employers is what kind of funds they would have available. Hiding it is unrealistic imo, you should at least be able to see transfer funds, wage status, expectations and all first team players with attributes unmasked (to mimic potential manager going to visit the ground as part of the interview process).

This I think is reasonable, and anybody playing a serious game is going to do a save game/accept job/see what its like anyway.

Archived