The toilet seat press conference

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, when I get there, I will still play the Champions League music before every CL game.

My mate did once played our Dutch national anthem before and international friendly between Holland and Sweden, he couldn't find the Swedish one.

Haha...I do press conferences and interviews in my head all the time, usually when walking to work having woken myself up with a a bit of FM...glad to know I'm not the only one!

I never do it out loud, though. People would think I was insane. Which I am, but I don't want them knowing that :)

Love the champions league music thing too! Might try that myself :p

All the time, commentate on games to myself too... After a good win I usually clap the fans (the bookcase behind me). Anyone else shout instructions from the sidelines with 'typical manager poses'. Thank God for this thread, I know i'm not alone now.

Haha I can just picture seeing someone with their hands in the air clapping to a book case through a window :D

I've done many a jumping-out-of-the-seat-fist-punch-into-the-air after a particularly important result. Love it. My missus just ignores it now. I've had a few strange looks through the lounge window tho'. And it would be rude not to talk to the players after they have just put in such a monumental effort for you... :)

I usually do press conferences before sleep... the bad things is that they finish too quickly then :-)

I also tend to do studio and pre- and post- match analysis with the special guests (especially in European matches)- that is why I often save the game accordingly to this...

But where to put all this? Yes, I tend that every club I manage has its own TV broadcast... when there is nothing to view live, in my mind I tend to view the previous and "historic" special matches of my club, regardless of FM/CM version...

Also, in my mind I made up my club forum and its posts

Otherwise, I am fine, thanks :-)

Haha I wouldn’t t of admitted to this before I saw this post. Yeah I do my interviews whilest on my way to work also I speak the Steve McClaren lingo whilest I manage Roda JC and playing the champions league music before a game is a great idea. Will give that a try if I ever get in to the competiontion

I laughed so hard at the suit thing. The people around me in the library must think i'm crazy!

I'll occasionally stand up and scream if I score a goal or two at the last minute. I have clapped at the computer screen. I was once playing a network game with a buddy of mine and we had both reached the champions league final: Arsenal vrs Chelsea. It was a like two day preperation where we both meditated and planned our tactics against each others previous tactics. When fabregas scored the only goal in the 89th minute i jumped up and did a provocative dance for maybe 10 minutes. When we unpaused the game drogba scored in extra time...

lol I once had a mate phone me up and do a phone interview on my progress with the mighty Roma and my views on Delio Rossi.

Lol :D

Liking the champions league music might try that if i ever get that far.

i Can usaually be found doing a running comentary of all my teams games :o

Max

Haha I can just picture seeing someone with their hands in the air clapping to a book case through a window :D

Edit - The blinds are always down in my room when I play FM so the neighbours can't see me being a tool!

It's gotta be done, I may only be Dorchester, but still need to show the fans (or books) the appreciation they deserve.

I had a good old shout at the referee earlier when he sent my goalkeeper off when he handled the ball outside the area when taking a drop kick, very harsh and I was trying to think of songs involving his name for the next time I had him as ref.... Fortunately, he was the ref for my next game and I hadn't had enough time for any good songs. Luckily he gave me a pen in a 3 - 1 win.

Sometimes have a press conference in my head when i'm bored at work, seems to motivate me to get through the rest of the day so I can get home and carry on with the game.

Must be more of us out there?!?!?!?

I always have done press conferences. Sadly they are much better than the ones in the game.

"A press conference has been called for Spurs next match against Porto : Attend. Send Assistant. No thanks I'll do it in my head".

I know what I'd be clicking :)

Perhaps we need a tickbox. "It appears you're slightly mad and do press conferences in your head. Would you like us to stop giving you real ones?". :D

On FM09 release day, there was a phone-in on Talksport promoting the game, asking people to phone in with the craziest things they've done playing Football Manager. One bloke rang in and said he was playing as Everton and won the FA Cup or something, and he wanted his wife to interview him as David Moyes, with his mother-in-law playing Alan Stubbs...

Edit: And personally, I still do it all the time. I'm already sick of the press conferences feature in FM09, I'm just sending my Assistant Manager to them all now.

I can often be found paceing the touchline (my front-room, backgarden, bedroom, office etc) barking orders at my players clasping my head as a sitter is missed jumping around like a loon when we score, and generally kicking and heading every ball like my life depends on it.

I also often do my 'in head' press conferences in the car on my way to work.

Could not have missed the point of the thread more, tbh :D

Ah I didn't really read it, I thought he meant doing your press conf on the loo lol. Get it now and nah never do that tbh don't tend to talk to myself whislt playing lol.

Edit: I think I should be let off its late and im tired :p

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. On my long-running FM07 game with Rosenborg, I'd do pre-mtch commentary in my head in Norwegian and English (always with a Scottish commentator) to simulate being able to watch the game on two different channels...

I do this regularly. In the shower, on the throne, and while driving to and from work. My manager is always Scottish or has second nationality Scottish, so all the interviews and press conferences are done with a Scottish accent.

Sometimes I'll do one in Spanish if I'm managing in Spain as I know enough Spanish to form basic sentences. The Spanish is still spoken with a vaguely Scottish accent though. :D

I remember the suit thread also. I even borrowed the idea myself once when my team reached the finals of the FA Trophy. So far that's been my only "suitworthy" moment.

Does screaming 'Go on Johnnie, do it for daddy!!!' count as my striker goes on a run to score the winning goal in the Johnstone's paint trophy south final 2nd leg count???

Probably as much as screaming "What the **** are you lot doing out there? ****ing tackle him!" as the opponent's wingers run all over my defense.

Archived