Arsenal query

I love the new fm, but I am in the 2014 season and Arsenal have won the prem 4 yrs in a row! ok I could bele that as every team goes through winning cycles, BUT they have won the quadruple 2 yrs in a row and the champs league 4 yrs in a row!!! and they beat every team in every final!! Can and are SI going fix this some how? I have not had won moan about fm09 yet, and have reall backed it on these forums but this is annoying me!

In my experience Man Utd are unbeatable. In my best game I had W25-D5-L1, du you think I was top of the league? No, Man Utd was.

However I haven't played 5-6 seasons, so Arsenal might pick up and become really really good if they can hold on to their wonderkid youngsters.

It is randomly variable though, Arsenal are bound to be cack in some peoples games. They ran away with the league in my first save, can't remember off the top of my head where they are in my second save (I'm not managing in PL so it's not engrained lol).

Overall though, the picture does seem to be that Arsenal are at, well at least a tad overrated. ;)

Have and can si answer why this is happening?

It's because the match engine was designed to have good passing football and a general Arsenal style to work well if your tactics are right. Coincidentally, this means that Arsenal's team and tactics fit the match engine perfectly where other experimental or more regular tactics don't work so perfectly.

First season Arsenal don't tend to be that great, in 6 different games arsenal haven't won the title in the first season, then dominate from the 2nd season onwards. They don't do as well in Europe because there is the Spanish equivalents in Barca/Real Madrid and one of those 2 usually knocks them out. But in England no one generates cash on par with what Arsenal do which means within a few years they are by far the richest and its not hard to see why.

40,000 season ticket sales a season at 1.5k each, increasing each year. 60m season ticket revenue before a ball is kicked, it pretty much covers the wages straight off. Then theres like 20,000 ticket sales each game with tickets around £40 before any prize money comes into it, they make 75m per season from attendances.

Man Utd are the next in order of prices/sales, with ST revenue of about 38m before the first game of the season, and matchday ticket sales of about 13.5m so the closest to Arsenals income is 51.5m which means the closest any team starts is with a 13.5m handicap, I'm now 4 seasons in which means that Arsenal are now at least 52m ahead of Man Utd on this revenue and far, far ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea.

Then theres the ratings of Arsenal's youngsters, by far the best rated collectively of any team in the country, and all with quite reasonable CA's, and whilst Arsenal's team arguably lacks determined players, or players up for the fight whilst being technically gifted, in game they are one of the most determined sides there is and their players have the strength to compete with the others despite being a bit lightweight in truth.

Its mainly down to poor researching, anyone who watches Arsenal can see they do lack certain aspects of the game, which isn't reflected in FM09.

Yeah... They're fairly good in my game, but that is all coming to an end!

I remember in FM 2008 they were worth £1.8 billion or someting, the next season they were nearly relegated and 3 seasons later (and a lot of spending under Eduardo) they were only worth £500 million, but back at the top end.

i got the title from them in the 4th season as newcastle and also the CL as well that they had been winning. Ok so they may not be over rated but i tgink chelsea and Man Utd are. Also liverpool who struggle to make it anywhere near the top 4 mostly.

Archived