I think it can be done this time!

tablenewgm3.jpg

Just a little follow upto this time a season ago!

I think I successfully fixed the issues with side, not that the side hasn't had it's problems, including crashing out of the League Cup to Liverpool and the my top striker's both not firing, one for a knee injury and the other from the goal drought from hell... But I don't care, I've got the FA Cup, Champions League and League all still in my grasp!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2228816#post2228816

Also, it's April 2013!

Since last year:

Jack Wilshere - Payed Arsenal £1.1 Mil at the end of his contract (it was £3 mil comp) - Killed Delph's career at Derby, not really saying much, I'm sick of Delph inconsistency and he's out in summer to the highest bidder!

Alvaro (Regen striker) - £3.3 mil from Barca - He's only 18, but he's had some games whilst my striker force had collapsed on itself!

Fazio - £13.5 mil from Zaragoza - Been solid, him and my new right back have transformed the defense! The difference between this season and last season. If my strikers were on form and not out for 2 months at a time and 20 hours without a goal, we would have been in a rediculous position.

Hoffman (regen left fullback) - £1.8 mil - Another kid, only 19... But he's a damn decent left back! I haven't really given him that much of a chance, but he's been good when he's had his chances, still a kid though. He'll be a big one for my clubs future.

De Silvestri - £23 Mil from Lazio - Been solid! Him and Fazio really have changed the defense. Had a lot of joy up the park too, good player, but I still fear I may have been a bit over the odds for him. Doesn't matter though, got what I wanted from him.

Vukcevic - £11.75 mil from Real - Been good, far better than Van der Vaart was, but then again... He hasn't been injured as much. Chipped in his share of goals, definitely a defining factor this season, saved us a point more than once and won us matches a few times too.

Obertan - £12.25 mil from Bordeaux - Been a revelation down the right, freed up Witsel a bit to play down the center. I feel that I need someone to really challenge his position though, I might have a dink at Walcott on a free transfer.

Nani - £13.5 mil from Tottenham - Should have got him cheaper, but I went in too late! Good buy, chipped in some goals, and really challenged Sinclair for the spot down the left. Both have been better for it.

Apam - £4 mil from Bordeaux - Hmmm... I had a little tiff with Beria and cashed in on him, Apam came in as cover for the rightback spot. Been solid when needed, still stupidity on my behalf though.

Henry - Free - I needed some experience as my strikeforce was failing... Didn't really work, but now I'm using him to try and talking Walcott into coming... Well, in 2 or 3 months time when I can approach him!

Overall, I signed too many players, stupid move... Unsettled the squad initially, but it settled quickly enough, but I can't help but feel it was because of this Saivet fell out of form. I was really backing him to go one better this season, oh well... He's making up for it now.

Excellent defensive record.

What formation do you play?

Normally a 4-4-2, with Veloso in the midfield (sometimes deeper, patrolling the 2 centerhalves) with the two fullbacks pushing up. Centerhalves are Nyatanga and Fazio, Nyatanga for his tackling and marking and Fazio for his heading and Jumping.

A lot of it seems to do with how the oppositions have been playing against me at Pride Park as well. A lot of sides are coming in for the draw and I've had a few 0-0s over the season.

Fair play man, must have been tough!

I only won the Premier League once and that was with one of the so called top four teams.

Well done... :thup:

Whats your tactics :D

The Mongrle...

It's basically a mangled 4-4-2 that's I've just changed gradually over time.

Things to be wary of though. Team talks, Press Conferences and such do play a big role from what I've found.

Also, when picking pairing for say the midfield, defense and up front (if you're playing with pairings) be careful how you pick them and set up the tactics for the team accordingly. I've set up my tactics so I have a target man, normally Pogrebnyak, and another pacey striker, normally Saivet. Whilst in the midfield I've set it up for the defensively minded and based midfielder in this case Veloso and then an attacking/ creative one most of the time Witsel or Vukcevic. Then in defense I have the the shorted, better tackling defender, normally Nyatanga, and the big man, Fazio.

It's your tactics.

Actually, that little line always does annoy me (though I have used it!)...

as funny as is it.

The thing I love about this game is how many things come into play:

-Your squad

-Your ability to keep players happy (team talks, praising in the media), healthy and in form

-Money, buggering with the board

-The Transfer market (I love the transfer market!)

-Press conferences (they are important)

-Uh... Tactics... and team selection and such

-Pure blind luck!

I just love it! I mean, I had a £33 million rated striker not score for 22 hours of football with 5 odd goals ruled out in that time... I was frustrated, I was drawing matches I should have been winning... But I was loving every second of it. Through all the bugs that pop up, the little issues people have every year and such, it's still the best there is!

...bugger! Captain Fantastic... A.k.a: Lewin Nyatanga is in need of a rest! Looks like whingebag Spiranovich is going to have his chance!

Now, I have some very hard decisions to make...

I surprisingly made it past Manchester City in the Champions League despite a 2-2 draw at Pride Park with a 1-0 win away to them... Vice Captain and stand-in Captain Pogrebnyak saved the day with a wonderful header. But as pleasing as it is to have managed that result without my Captain (who's still on holiday after I ran him into the dust), it's even more pleasing that my first signing when I came to the club, Matthew Spiranovich is still capable to putting in a performance, on the biggest stage of all! He's apparently still sceptical that he'll remain in my plans (and he's probably right, I'm currently looking for another centerhalf).

Anyhow, the difficult choices: Should I pursue the Champions League Title, putting out my strongest possible squad each time, possibly risking results in the league and risking my chances of the title. I've made it past the one of the toughest opponents I'm likely to face and I am 11 points up with 6 left. So even if I did draw all my remaining matches (or equivelent... aka 1 point per match) that would be another 6 points which should nearly rule Arsenal out of the title on it's own...

Well... I'll decide later. It's break time!

Now that's annoying!

After turning on the style to beat Tottenham in the FA Cup semi-final, my Derby side failed to beat West Brom. We just couldn't find the net, but West Brom had yet to have a shot, finally my side found the breakthrough with a Vukcevic freekick, only for Spiranovic to end his run in the team by giving West Brom a penalty before they'd even had a shot (In the 80'). Final Score Derby 1 - 1 West Brom.

2 Wins and a draw from 5 matches would guarentee the title at this point, even if Arsenal were to win all their remaining matches.

I would probably concentrate on the Champions League seeing as you could field a weaker team when neede din the Premier League and still do well, the other way round if you just demolish someone in he first leg in the CL.

If you have 3 or 4 or 5 fixtures where there are only 3 days between them or something, it's up to you whether you field the strongest teams against the stronger opposition because they're stronger or against the weaker opposition for a near-guaranteed 3 points. Or you could field a bit of a mixed-quality team for all the fixtures.

Alternatively you can just field the strongest team in your first fixture in the run and change players according to condition for the following fixture every time. That means if you have an unbeatable lead you can set your play to the slowest and your agressiveness to the lowest (Closing Down and Tackling) to save energy and not risk injury and suspension, as well as using subs of course.

Well, I'm delighted that my game plan worked perfectly away to Milan, I'm furious that my Captain got sent off in the first 30 minutes whilst the side were completely onto of them, and at the time, yet to score. Lewin Nyatanga may have played his last match as Captain of Derby County after an high elbow landed him a red card against Milan.

Despite his send off, Derby went on to score two goals through Nani and Miguel Veloso for a memorable 2-0 away win and 4-1 aggregate win over Milan.

Nyatanga later accepted his 2 fine of two weeks wages, slightly increasing his chances of not being removed as captain at the end of the season when the squad comes up for review.

I'll also be facing Juventus in the Final.

Kinda dubious...

What's dubious?

That was one hell of an own goal I might add... I'm not sure if it was a backpass or a clearance, but either way Sinclair running at his own goal knocked it straight past Akinfeev! He was lucky for two reasons here: One was that he made up for it with a good goal later in the match to level the scores, and the other is that we had two more games to get the needed point anyhow. Arsenal though were powering for the title, won 4-3 away to West Brom at the same time.

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

The result might say M'Boro 1 - 1 Derby (Sinclair OG, Sinclair), but all I see is: DERBY WON THE PREMIERSHIP!!!!!!!!

OH MY!!!!

THE WORLD'S COMING TO AN END !!!!! :eek:

:D

just kidding someguy ;)

Great job there to make Derby win the premiership.Awesome story :thup:

YEAH!

Juventus 0 - 1 Derby!

First 20 minutes, my side turned on the style and had Juventus under immense pressure before De Silvestri found the net from the edge of the box. Juventus were back in force after the goal, however despite holding the ball and being on the attacking for much of the remainder of the half, it was all coming to very little. The second half was nervey with both sides having their chances, the momentum swung again in Juventus' direction with Miguel Veloso coming off with an arm injury (He's okay though...), but again it all came to nothing and as Witsel settled on the park the momentum would swing one last time to Derby. This was short lived and the dying minutes came ended as a midfield battle, as Derby won the Champions League!

The Champions League Best player went to Miguel Veloso, with Joao Moutinho (of Man City) and Gabrial Obertan taking 3rd place.

So, Premiership season is now over and I've won the FA Cup 2-1 against Manchester City.

A truly magical goal from Saivet and a wonderful freekick freekick from Vukcevic were enough to over come Manchester City. Their goal was actually from a player I'm after, Kadlec.

Saivet ran down the right with the ball, on his own before turning to players and powering into the box, beating another two before blasting it low and hard into the net!

I've also done a lot of research into my targetted players, and I'm about to begin talks with Walcott.

There we go, I'm now confident that I have the best squad in the League.

Forwards: Saivet, Pogrebnyak, Aquino, Alvaro [regen] and another 3-4 young regens ready to have a go!

Right wing: Walcott, Obertan and a young regen... Don't know his name yet!

Left wing: Nani, Sinclair and Fleck*

Central Midfield: Veloso, Vukcevic, Witsel, Ramires, Fleck* and Wilshere

Rightback: De Silvestri and Apam

Leftback: Castillo and Hoffman

Central Defense: Fazio, Bundovic [regen], Nyatanga, Spiranovic and Rodwell (If I choose to keep him)

Goalkeepers: Akinfeev, Dieferson [regen]

I'm now more than ready for the future. Though I had grander plans for signings over the off season, the sheer cost of a couple of them forced me out of it.

Looks like a very good squad mate,I dont think there are any changes needed except for the oldies,if there are any

Well, that's the squad with the new players. The notable signings (the ones mentioned by name) are Walcott, Ramires, Fleck and Bundovic. Bundovic is probably the biggest one, 21 year old regen and he's more than capable of replacing Nyatanga. Ramires was signed because I needed another defensive midfielder. I grabbed Fleck because I could, and now I'm going after Kadlec from Man City, but at the moment they want £40 mil+, no chance of that. So I'll bide my time for him or another striker I narrowly missed out on. The only issue I see is that there is a lot of potential in my strikeforce, but not a lot of actual ability right now.

Archived