Looks for pass rather than attempt to score

Picked up from a post in another thread, which highlighted something to me that's missing from the game.

Not the PPM for those that remember it, but the fact that if a player is 1 on 1 with the goalie and another striker is free in the box, they won't pass the ball for an easy tap in, they'll always try and shoot themselves.

Whilst I'm happy that the strikers are that confident to have a pop, it's a bit unrealistic - there are several unselfish players!

Not the end of the world if it's not included, would just be nice to see those sort of goals.

It seems to happen every year, but I haven't seen a player in a one on one try and take the ball round the keeper in 09. It didn't happen in 08 either, it was supposedly fixed with the 8.0.2 patch, but I can count on one hand how many times I saw a player do it in 16 years at free scoring Bayern.

It seems to happen every year, but I haven't seen a player in a one on one try and take the ball round the keeper in 09. It didn't happen in 08 either, it was supposedly fixed with the 8.0.2 patch, but I can count on one hand how many times I saw a player do it in 16 years at free scoring Bayern.

I've had a few players that dribbled past the keeper quite a bit. In this version more than any others forwards and other attacking players seems to have preferred scoring habits/tendencies. One forward I have always seems to pass it into the net, aiming low for the corners of the net. Others try to blast it past the keeper. Some dribble the keeper when they have the chance. I like this development.

As for the passing to a wide open teammate, I've yet to see it as well.

My situation is the opposite way round, If my attacking midfielder has got the ball... Usually all he has to do it run forward and he'll be one on one with the goalkeeper, But it's obvious that he makes the wrong decision 100% of the time 7 runs towards the side of the goal and crosses the the ball in!

Archived