2 players dislike each other, what to do?

There is no way of making them friends, try putting the weaker of the two in the reserves for a bit to get him to cool down and realise he will have to get along to get first team footie.

But as Berggren said the only real thing to do is sell one of them for the most you can.

Fuzbalino is right. They resolve it eventually... I'm always having problems with players not getting along with my Assistant manager, but after a couple of months they always resolve their differences.

In FM08 my Anthony Vanden Borre gave away a penality and got sent off which cost us League Cup final against United (I was Cithy) and all the Homegrown players disliked him, but he didn't dislike them, but when he scored the winning goal and recieved the Man of the Match award in the FA Cup Final everything was rosey again.

I've had this happen in previous versions of the game as well, and if i remember correctly, after a while, the players had settled their dispute. I remember playing both of the players regularly in the same line-up, but that was about it.

Stick it out with them if you can, and if after a while the dispute isn't settled, do what you have to do (sell).

I had a major problem just recently...

I tried to get Jack Wilshere to shadow Gerrard. All was going ok until - WHAM! (no, not the pop group), a news story was released that all was not well in Liverpool. This annoyed me greatly because Gerrard is just plain amazing and I cannot sell him but then also Wilshere is a wonderkid and playing blindingly well (soon to follow in the foot steps of Pjanic). I didn't want to sell him. This lasted for 2 years but because Wilshere was playing well, he was 'content to stay at the club'. So I persevered and then offered him a new contract from the £8,000p/w he was on and increased it to £25,000 or so as he is now a first team player. Now he is completely fine and no longer dislikes Gerrard (though no media story has been released to state this). Weird that an 18yr old would be jealous of the contract of an established Legendary Midfielder, but true... I did however warn Wilshere about Unprofessional behaviour.

in fm08 i had lifted qpr to top 6 prem when my 2 star players fell out. what made it worse was that they were both 'pet projects' of mine, aquino having been brought through age 17 and Goitom being my best ever purchase. Tried to ignore it, tried moving Aquino back to left wing, no go. their performance levels dropped fairly dramatically as did my results. then came the real hard question....who to sell!

I offer two options, choose whichever suits best.

Option one - Sell one and then sell the other to the same club where the initial one went to and therefore increase the chances of it happening again (Example - Bowyer & Dyer)

Option two - Sell him and have him mame a teammate, then sell him again and have him repeat the same actions once more (Example - Joey Barton)

:)

Don't forget transfer listing in itself can be a useful deterrent - without actually selling the player. Same as demoting to reserves or listing for loan. These can take a while to sink in, but generally do the trick I find. When a player requests a transfer I usually accept it, then reject all the offers that come in (or negotiate really high numbers) - player usually comes around pretty quick and asks to stay......as long as he's playing first team of course (if he's not why keep him anyway ?). Otherwise it really is a case of just waiting.......

Archived