Why's my stadium unsafe

I saw this in 07

Reading got relegated from the premier league.

They went into administration in the championship.

They got relegated from the championship and the dept got bigger.

The pattern continued....

When I saw them they were something like 60 mill in dept and the capacity was about 8 000

Quite a nice little feature I think.

If Chelsea happened to go into adminstration it means they would have struggled to pay for the upkeep of their stadium. This is what could cause part of the stadium to be labbled unsafe. Having it closed is like a punishment for going into administration and not keeping up with the maintanence of your ground.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Does this actually happen in real life?

Did big clubs like Leeds and Nottingham Forest reduce their capacities as they fell through the leagues?

(genuine question) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leeds don't seem to use the upper tier of the East Stand at the moment, although that could be down to lack of demand.

Not that I'm aware of Dafuge. A club might decide to down-size possibly, but can't think of any examples. I did read the other week that Reading have shelved plans to expand their stadium for the time being, until their Premiership status is secured.

I think in FM it's got alot to do with finances, inability to financially maintain the stadium fully and therefore advanced stadium decay.

Realistic? Sure, because the HSE (Health and Safety Executive), or some other government busy-bodies would close a section deemed "unsafe".

I don't see how reducing the size of the stadium is realistic other than just closing off parts of it.

It would cost money that you supposidly don't have to reduce a stadium size.

There should be an option where you can rip down the closed off parts and bring in more fans.

It could be a positive/negative thing. Where the positive would be you get extra fans and funds, or if you get caught, you get a fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does this actually happen in real life?

Did big clubs like Leeds and Nottingham Forest reduce their capacities as they fell through the leagues?

Yeah, for the exact reason given on FM.

Sheffield Wednesday don't use the corner part in between the north and the west stand anymore due to it failing a safety inspection and us not being able to afford the repairs to get it up to scratch.

The West Stand (always that one) at Hampden Park (The national stadium) regularly gets closed in FM games for this Health and Safety reason. It can't be for the attendance/gate money reasons rationalised before as the Queens Park gates never get above 300!

And there are teams, specifically in the Italian leagues, that never get promoted even by finishing in the promotion spots or winning playoffs because their stadia do not meet safety requirements. I believe this also happens in the European cups, where some teams don't have stadia safe enough to play European ties, so they play their "home" ties on neutral grounds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Does this actually happen in real life?

Well I could believe that if Chelsea got relegated then they would lose a substantial income. That combined with the fact Stamford Bridge is an old stadium could lead to a lack of funds to maintain maintenance and, hence, part of the ground closed.

I think it's plausible.

As for whether this happens in real life well, although it may not be the heights of the premier league, I recall seeing Mansfield Town on the BBC this season (FA Cup). The commentator's definitely mentioned that a whole stand was out of use due to Health and Safety ordering it so. Mansfield ain't exactly rich so it could confirm a finances issue.

Nice to see something new in FM too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marclfc:

lets hopes chelsea gets relegated in real life that would be nice </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we can all dream

Stamford Bridge an old ground? You're kidding me, I seem to recall Ken Bates rebuilding 3 sides of the ground in the late 90's.

Surely you can't have forgotten about the old shed end.

To expand on the OP's point has anyone been at a club that has had parts of the stadium re-opened?

leeds upper tier is closed because of the cost

they didnt renew the saftey certificate needed to open that part of the stand to cut costs because they did not expect to fill the whole stadium in league 1

if they go up it will get renewed i beleive

Archived