Christmas Crisis - Please Help!

Hi hope somebody can help me. Have FM09 on my laptop which played FM08 pretty well but it is really really struggling speed and graphic wise with 09. Can anybody recommend a new laptop I can ask for a s a christmas present for around £300 that will match up to FM. It's all I really need the laptop to do as well as a bit of surfing...

Hope somebody can help me!!!

P.S Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum!

Hi hope somebody can help me. Have FM09 on my laptop which played FM08 pretty well but it is really really struggling speed and graphic wise with 09. Can anybody recommend a new laptop I can ask for a s a christmas present for around £300 that will match up to FM. It's all I really need the laptop to do as well as a bit of surfing...

Hope somebody can help me!!!

P.S Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum!

Dual-core processor I've heard is better suited for this year's match engine, esp. if its in 2D mode most likely due to the threading model they've implemented. People have reported jerky motion on a single core machine. If you haven't, you should be playing in windowed mode if you don't have a powerful machine. This could make the difference between jerky and passable on 3D view.

FM also consumes a lot of memory when running, so at least 2 GB minimum (most machines should be coming with this anyways). More memory the better is a general rule of thumb.

Above minimum graphics card would also be good. Avoid skimping on an Intel onboard graphics card since it'll defeat the purpose of using it to play FM09 and become the bottleneck of the system. NVIDIA or ATI graphics cards both integrated and dedicated come in many laptops these days and are a big step up.

Hope this helps. 300 might be a little light, check ebay.

Step 1, look at the system requirements on the box!

Step 2, Do a search using a shopbot like kelkoo or pricerunner with your price set to £300

Step 3, Compare search results with system requirements!

Curry's also got some great deals going on at the minute according to their TV advert but i bet it would be nigh on impossible to get the deals advertised as they never have any in stock!

Archived