What National Team Have You Managed?

I imagine it's common place for an Englishman amanaging one of the 'big 4' to get the English job, or a Scotsman managing one of the 'Old Firm' to manage Scotland.

But have you ever managed Italy as a Norwegian working in Spain for example?? Or what have your experiences been like managing in the African Nations Cup?

Do you think selecting a secong nationality can help? For example an Austrian managing France because his mother entitles him to French nationality??

I've managed Netherlands Antilles and Romania (who were the new Brazil at that point) in an international-only game. I did well with Netherlands Antilles though nothing particularly special beyond having them win games, I only lost to USA 2 or 3-0 on agg. in World Cup qualifying.

I was a 'former intrnational footballer' and I got the Romania job, which was the biggest job around.

On a network game on FM08 and I got took the Mexico job whilst playing with Arsenal. It was offered to me and I took it because the Copa America was just around the corner. I won it and then promptly resigned. My mate then later got to the semi's of the Euro Champs and resigned shortly afterwards where I took up the reigns and did what he couldn't and brought a trophey home to England by winning the World Cup. I then turned down the chance to manage France and South Korea and I was unsuccessful when I applied to become Argentina manager (I think they still don't like us Englishmen).

I cant manage a national side along side a international team. I have to focus on one or the other.

But in FM08 i did manage Wales for a few years, got them into the quater finals of the world cup, but never had much success with any team i manage :(

Archived