Injured players being brought on by AI

I mentioned this somewhere else but it got lost amongst the usual petty squabbling and name calling, so im posting it here.

Not to create another whine fest (i enjoy the game) but just to clarify whether this is intended or a bug as im not sure.

I have so far in my current game witnessed the AI on 3 seperate occasions field injured players.

And im not talking about players who are injured during the game.

I played Liverpool and Steven Gerrard was out for a month with ligament problems, 'great' i thought until they brought him on in the second half on 63% condition and he ran us off the park and scored a goal.

We won that game in the end so no harm was done but still it seemed odd to me.

Its happened before as well, when players marked as cronically injured are brought on by the AI to replace fit players. Now i could understand that if it was some tiny club with no replacements who had no choice but a top club (well really any professional club) wouldnt do this and i find it a bit silly. And no these arent people playing with pain killing injections, these are players who are injured. Who in theory shouldnt even be on the bench.

The second issue is that i wonder how much condition is affecting the AI players, cause when my players drop below around 72% during a match i notice a considerable difference in their performance, where as when these injured players have been played against me they perform just as well (if not better in some cases) than their fit counterparts on the AI team.

So anyway there it is, anyone else noticed this or have any info on it??

Archived