New Jobs

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I am playing a career game (see career thread in challenges section) and took little H & W Welders from the N.Ireland second division to the premiership and really boosted their reputation, I then resigned to find a club in a bigger league. Stuck the game in holiday mode and said to apply for any clubs, I check back after a little while and find out that even the small clubs promoted into the BSN/S are rejecting me, even though my own reputation is "national".

Anyone else had this problem?

That is correct, however you can get jobs with BSN/S teams with zero reputation when you start the game, I have some experience at least. I'm not expecting to get teams in the football league, just a team would be nice at this stage :p

I think when you start in another country your reputation in other leagues is extremely low. Even though you won your league would this have raised your world reputation enough? It may still be lower than when you start off in the English leagues. Plus your reputation may decrease while you are in holiday mode as well.

did you not try to get them to win the premier division and then try euro qualification, i done this in fm 07 with QUB and after about eleven seasons with them got to the second qualification round, then got offered the hibs job and they had scotland dominated for around three seasons and had european football in the bag, although this was on xbox 360

ps. this was eleven seasons from second division to second qualifying round and not from premier to second qualifying, although that would be more realistic:))

I wanted to move on to a bigger club in a bigger league which is why I left them, I've done a 'win champs league' game before with a low league n.ireland side in fm07. I just find it odd that I could have started as a BSS manager, got relegated in season 1 and still get a job easier than this :p

I did exactly the same, only with TNS in the Welsh league.

Managing them for three seasons dominating the league and cups. Got to the group stages of the Champions League before getting knocked out and losing in the UEFA cup. So at the end of that season I resigned and got offered the Newcastle job which I took guiding them to 2nd.

I must add this was in FM08 and I don't know if that side of gameplay has changed in FM09... if you are talking about 09 that is? :thup:

Moving from Northern Ireland to England is a huge step. You are below obscure for reputation in England. If you had stayed in NI and got through a couple of the champions league qualifying stages then this would have raised your reputation. It is also easier to get a job while in a job. While holidaying your reputation would have lowered even more. Never leave a job before you have another lined up.

I was under the impression that it is harder to get for another job while still in a job, as the team you approach would have to pay compensation to your current team? Plus in FM08 anyway it almost without fail became public knowledge whenever you applied for another job :@ which compromised your position at your current club anyway.

Except if you apply for a job whilst your still managing a team the your board tells you to resign or be pushed so you have no choice.

and like I said, it's like my reputation is lower after three seasons in N.Ireland than having no previous experience at all. Despite being on holiday for 6 months my rep is still "national"

and yes, it's FM09

Except if you apply for a job whilst your still managing a team the your board tells you to resign or be pushed so you have no choice.

and like I said, it's like my reputation is lower after three seasons in N.Ireland than having no previous experience at all. Despite being on holiday for 6 months my rep is still "national"

and yes, it's FM09

Agreed. This is a game, you should be able to land another job. If its so difficult to achieve then it seems to mirror real life on which case no-one should have a job and we should all just play with the big boys or our fav teams if they're not the big boys!

Archived