Is it worth it?

Hey Guys,

I want to know whether you guys recommend FM 2009 for me to buy after xmas. Will the activation problems still be there? Has the game improved since FM 2008 and the 09 demo? Has the recent patch enehanced the game and does it look like 9.0.2. will make the game great?

Thanks

PS Is it likely that there will be one/more patches after 9.0.2.?

i'd reccomend it, i have had no trouble with the game (apart from the fact Sutton Utd are rubbish). Activation was a piece a P for me aswell. The recent patch has helped alot from the demo, and patch number 2 will help even more (we hope).

Overall good game :thup:

i'd reccomend it, i have had no trouble with the game (apart from the fact Sutton Utd are rubbish). Activation was a piece a P for me aswell. The recent patch has helped alot from the demo, and patch number 2 will help even more (we hope).

Overall good game :thup:

How did you get to manage Sutton? I live in Sutton and wanted to play as them but the game wouldn't let me.

*tries to get this thread back on topic*

Atm if you are crazy for tactics and love to spend hours upon hours on them then maybe you will enjoy 09,for me I would say wait to see what the next patch has to offer as fm09 is alot of blind sliders and too in depth tactics for my liking,also alot of players that say they are enjoying the game have d/l pre made tactics...again not my thing but in this version it does seem to be alot of player's last hope.

too sum up,if you are a tactics "nerd" then go for it you will have a ball,on the other hand if you want to have pick up and play fun ...give it a miss for now.

I see - thanks for getting the thread back on topic daylight - I was going to get FM after xmas anyway when the second patch should be out and the price of the game might have been reduced in the new year. BTW have SI said anything about a 9.0.2. patch and when it may be released?

Well, Hazzydeepy, we've told you our views on it, well some of us have. But, after hearing what we have to say, seeing previous versions and many posts on the forums, what are you thinking of doing? and what, if anything, are you looking forward to, or worried about?

Sorry saulty2805 - I will buy FM 09 after xmas (hopefully) and all i am worried about is that the next patch fixes the big bugs (which are too many long shots i believe) and any others. What are the other big bugs btw?

Well, imo, i wouldn't say there are any "big" bugs. Obviously the long shots can get a little annoying but i wouldn't say that they ruin the game in anyway. I've really settled into a career game, which i haven't beenable to do in previous versions. I don't think you will regret getting the game, especially if you have enjoyed 08,07 etc etc. It is a definate improvement.

If you are really concerned about bugs, just have a look around, im sure some "moaner" has started a thread on a so called "big bug". But as i said, imo and im sure many other people opinions, the game is fine :thup:

Archived