Is it just me or......

I've developed a sense of delusional paranoia that is greater this year than any in the recent past. I place this firmly at the door of Fm2009.

I believe wholeheartedly that when I load my last game I will either have a very successful run of victories and draws or I will go on an equally amazing losing streak.

If the former happens I play until my eyelids start to droop...if the latter happens I play no more than enough games to confirm my paranoia before saving and exiting.

Its also important to note that if indeed I am on a poor run of form a period of time must pass before I can load the game again and climb the table once more until the eye drooping tiredness kicks in.

Strange but true?

How the hell is it my tactics????!!!! Let me get this right...my tactics affect my runs of defeats when I turn on one night...then the SAME tactics get me on a fabulous run of victories the next.....against a mix of opposition?

Oh well I guess it is just paranoia after all!

How the hell is it my tactics????!!!! Let me get this right...my tactics affect my runs of defeats when I turn on one night...then the SAME tactics get me on a fabulous run of victories the next.....against a mix of opposition?

Oh well I guess it is just paranoia after all!

Calm down, the whole "it's your tactics" is a joke.

No people just think they're being funny when they say "it's your tactics" when they're really not.

It did get old about 9 months ago but it is only harmless

It has all to do with confidence, if you are harsh in team-talks, players performance will drop, if you are fair in team-talks, then they should continue to do well.

It did get old about 9 months ago but it is only harmless

It has all to do with confidence, if you are harsh in team-talks, players performance will drop, if you are fair in team-talks, then they should continue to do well.

Harmless but very irritating, especially when nothing in the way of advice or suggestions is offered

I beat Milan, Real Madrid twice in the CL and Inter in the San Siro with Juve during one stint, the next game was at home to the bottom side in the league. Not only did I draw 0-0, but the run I went on afterward was so bad that I got sacked for only the 2nd time since fm06.

Whatever it is, it's not paranoia. It happens, not to everyone, but it does. I'm not sure why I haven't experienced it so far into my second season with Athletico Madrid in all honesty.

Hasnt happened to me. Thats not to say it doesnt happen though. At the moment, the things thats gripping me is that in pre-season friendlies, against very good opposition, my teams play superb football, strikers scoring, defenders defending well, not dominating every game but playing really well....

Then the season starts and BANG....my strikers miss for fun and my defenders forget how to defend.

I have started 3 new games and each time is the same. Its like the AI suddenly thinks ''not this time Son, i was only messing with you''

Sorry hilton didn't mean to jump down your throat, the joke has worn thin with me, all I ever hear is tactics this, slider one click right, tight marking on, counter attack off!

I saved and exited last night after a poor run against mediocre teams (although I am myself Peterborough, no offence meant) and will endeavour to prove my theorum by playing a blinder tonight and making my way up the table like a rocket!

Its the tactics....You guys are such kidders!

IIRC some SI guy confirmed that your form is decided during the load-up. So it's not paranoia, it's perfectly plausible. You could get given good form in the load up, or bad form, or somewhere in the middle. I guess your more likely to notice the extreme runs of form after a load up though.

Archived