Lack of key news reports?

I've just finished my first season, and am surprised by the apparent reduction in key news items shown to me.

I was in a hot title race, which went down to the last 5 games. In each one of them, depending on the results of the top three, anyone could have won the league.

So imagine my surprise, when Chelsea won the title, with three games to go, and the only way I found out was by going to the league table and noticing the little 'C' next to the team. Even after 38 games when it was all wrapped up, there was no release, no end of season review or anything. No press reaction, no request for my thoughts, nothing. What an anti climax!

And a little later, Spurs won the FA cup - less important, but still, absolutely nothing in the news!

Needs tweaking I think!

I want to know when another team is after a key player that I'm not scouting. Usually clubs will leak stories to push up potential transfer value. This happened to me when I was bidding on Fazio - 'Somehow word has got out about your bid'. Never seems to happen the other way though. Arsenal just added Huntelaar to their Arsenal for £30m. Had I known, I would have bought him as I was looking for a striker - had to buy Aguero instead for £35.5m :(.

The issue now is that there are basically 3 different screens (inbox, rumors, news) you have to view in order to even get a clue (and its not even a big clue) of what is going on around in your league. I honestly find myself not being bothered to click on the transfer rumors screen, but I think there should be an option for these items to appear in your Inbox as well, especially when it comes to your rival teams.

Just doesn't seem to have as many news involving other teams/players in your own league, which is a shame cause this wasn't the case in the old CMs.

Also, why are older news stories not archived? Would like to read past news items because it seems I always miss quite a few, especially when I am looking at news items for other leagues. I don't find having to constantly check other leagues' news items just to keep up with what is happening elsewhere very convenient.

Archived