Loaning for a Work Permit - Simple change for FM09

This should be an easy to implement change that will make everyone's life easier.

When loaning to an affiliate to gain an EU nationality/Work Permit, there should be a "Loan till qualified" option that just leaves them there for three years or whatever.

Otherwise you keep losing weeks in between having to loan them back again each season.

as part of that I would like the option to have this as part of the neogtiation for contract so you could tell the player you plan to send him out on loan until he has an EU passport or work permit.

Also just on a side note why cant we just reapply for a work permit every so often rather than having to renegotiate a new contract all the time?

I would love this to happen. My 19 year old argy regen, "who has potential to be a leading premiership defender in the future", is out fo contract next summer, and no matter what i do he cant get a new wp, despite having 45 u21 caps.

So my hard work with the player is going to mean nothing when a spanish club poaches him off me!

Originally posted by Cometdude:

as part of that I would like the option to have this as part of the neogtiation for contract so you could tell the player you plan to send him out on loan until he has an EU passport or work permit.

totally agree with this (and the OP). links with the eternally "considering citizenship" issue as well (ie a non-EU player who agrees terms with your club automatically accepts dual citizenship if he would be otherwise ineligable to play).

Archived