Boredom Infecting My Seasons

I love the new fm, the 3d match engine is amazing, the way u can sell micheal carrick for 30mil is good as well and all the good youngsters that u can get on the cheap at the start is great, but my saves dont seem to last as long as they have done in previous fm's

so far my games have lasted:

new game 1: birmingham= 1.5 seasons

new game 2: everton= 1 season

new game 3: leeds= 3 seasons

new game 4: arsenal= 1 season

new game 5: man utd= 2 months of a season

after that i just seem to get bored and dont know what to do, plz can somebody give me advise on how to stop gettin bored so easily

Other then trying some challenges as mentioned try playing in a different country. I couldnt stand more than 2 saves in the same country without some good time between them.

The key to a save-game's longevity is your emotional attachment to it.

A couple suggestions:

1. Pick a youth player and get emotionally invested in making him a star.

2. Pick a veteran and get emotionally invested in keeping him playing as long as you can and getting him trophies, bringing him in as a coach, etc.

3. Write a story for FM Stories

4. Pick your personal favorite team, the one you follow, or

5. Pick a team at League Two or lower and try to get them into the Champions League.

Beyond that, what you need to do for yourself is set short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals.

For examples from my game, my long-term goal is to earn promotion to the EPL. (I'm at the BSP). My medium-term goals are promotion to League Two, convincing my on-loan starlet that he wants to make the move permanent, and keeping my captain playing until he retires. My short-term goals are to get the club to "gel", turn around our current poor form, make it to the top ten this season, and turn a profit for this year.

So, no matter what's going on, I have things I'm working on. Even if we go on a run of defeats now, I have "turn a profit", "gel", "keep captain playing", and "convince on-loan star to make it permanent" as other goals that I'm working towards .. its very rare that I'm unable to make progress on at least a couple of my sub-goals!

Being a LLM (Lower League Manager) is normally the best sort of challenge if you ask me, i really love taking an awful team and building them from scratch almost. Rags to riches if you like.

Easier said than done though isn't it mate. Im quite struggling with Sutton Utd, still BSS :o and im in 2016 .. but im still determined.

A couple suggestions:

2. Pick a veteran and get emotionally invested in keeping him playing as long as you can and getting him trophies, bringing him in as a coach, etc.

5. Pick a team at League Two or lower and try to get them into the Champions League.

Beyond that, what you need to do for yourself is set short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals.

For examples from my game, my long-term goal is to earn promotion to the EPL. (I'm at the BSP). My medium-term goals are promotion to League Two, convincing my on-loan starlet that he wants to make the move permanent, and keeping my captain playing until he retires. My short-term goals are to get the club to "gel", turn around our current poor form, make it to the top ten this season, and turn a profit for this year.

So, no matter what's going on, I have things I'm working on. Even if we go on a run of defeats now, I have "turn a profit", "gel", "keep captain playing", and "convince on-loan star to make it permanent" as other goals that I'm working towards .. its very rare that I'm unable to make progress on at least a couple of my sub-goals!

YOINK! Going to use things like this to keep myself interested in my games. I find myself just clicking through seasons. Thanks *doffs cap*

Once the new update is out i'm starting a career game and start unemployed with England, Italy and Spain loaded. Going to get a crap team for certain at the start so i'll try to get them to the highest league possible then i'll try going to a different country and doing well by completing realistic goals e.g if i take over REal, try to win league European cup double whereas if i get Getafe try to get European qualification.

Thanks, as you can see it's gave me stuff to think about! :D:D

A couple suggestions:

This is quite a good list and I hadn't really looked at it in the way of the first 2 on the list.

Archived