Do you type press conference responses?

Do you type press conference responses?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you type press conference responses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only when I can be bothered

Personally, I like to type the responses to the press conference questions (unless they're asking the same question for the 50th time in 45 conferences) as it gives me a sense of realism.

On another note, why is the response box so small and the character limit so short? There's a load of room above where the box is now, so I think it would be a good idea to make it bigger for those that like to type more than 20 words. Hopefully this can be done in a patch, as it would add more (user-generated) realism to the slightly limited press conferences...

it makes it better and not as repetitive, but it takes longer , and once i swore on it and got a fa warning!?!

Other than swear words, it doesn't recognise anything you type. That pretty much makes it pointless, for me.

It's wholly pointless, but sometimes I do.

Usually when there is a "right" answer (yes they are playing very well, yes I hope to win, yes I'm confident) I select that but give my real answer in the box. Just to pass the time.

@ above. And it doesn't even recognise them well. Say you're "damn proud" and it counts as an "expletive filled" answer.

Apparently if you type a bunch of expletives, it recognises them. But other than that, it is entirely cosmetic.

It recognises certain words, I just got home and loaded up because I have a spare hour :) and decided to type "Shut Up Och Aye Tha Noo", but it didn't use the whole quote :(

DeskTop.jpg

It recognises certain words, I just got home and loaded up because I have a spare hour :) and decided to type "Shut Up Och Aye Tha Noo", but it didn't use the whole quote :(

DeskTop.jpg

Your picture is Mint!!! haha

the box that lets you put what ever you want i didnt think the computer would mention it i thought it was a watse of time lol

I'll be using that box more often :)

Off topic, but what's with the Editor Patch v1.1 at the top? Sounds exciting.

I've posted the changelist here. :)

On the subject of press conferences, I don't manually type out a response. I may well do if I am giving an angry response, or if I'm in network games with friends where I'm not the only one in the world who will ever see what I put. :p

I sometimes type responses... Like this season, being asked about who I though would win the title. I said Derby and then put down a soundbite that would define the decade in football: "COME ON YOU RAMS!!!"

Then there's the time that I got fed up with being asked the same question over and over again: "[removed...]"...

Strangly enough I'm not sure it noticed what I said... The next time I did it though! I guess it doesn't understand some words.

Then again, my first press conference on the demo, in one of my more mature moods: "James Clarke Confident ahead of Cardiff Clash. The new Derby manager was in high spirits heading into his first match against Cardiff. When asked if the pressure would get to him he responded: "I don't feel pressure at all. Actually, I feel rather calm". He also added: "Penis!""

Sadly the media missed this amazing statement about the state of the world.

Archived