what was wrong with 8.00

hi people i brought this game late on and never played the 8.00 version i just installed 8.01 and off i went.

my question is were there any major flaws with 8.00 because im very tempted to reinstall this game and give it a bash.

any good info would be great

thanks

magnoliadave

hi people i brought this game late on and never played the 8.00 version i just installed 8.01 and off i went.

my question is were there any major flaws with 8.00 because im very tempted to reinstall this game and give it a bash.

any good info would be great

thanks

magnoliadave

thanks for your comments

personally ive played a bit of 8.01 and 8.02 and there seems to be alot of unrearistic scores on the latter

im not saying its bad for the game but i do prefer 8.01

just wondering though was 8.00 any good because i have decided to reinstall this game but would like more info on it if that is at all possible

cheers

magnoliadave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

8.00 and 8.01 made me think of most people on these boards are really women, it was like that time of the month for everyone.

I never really saw any issues either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so what your saying is give 8.00 a go?

i think thats what i'll do you never know i just might like it lol

anymore info would be great though

thanks again

magnoliadave

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 'closing down' ineffective in 8.0.0?

That seemed to be the biggest 8.0.0 complaint(never experienced it myself, though, since I got the game after 8.0.1 was out, and I patched straight to that).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 'closing down' ineffective in 8.0.0?

That seemed to be the biggest 8.0.0 complaint(never experienced it myself, though, since I got the game after 8.0.1 was out, and I patched straight to that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what i did patched it straight away without ever testing the boxed version

you say there was a flaw with the defenders not closing down that would be a problem but something i can look into

i think i'll give 8.00 ago and if theres no major problems i think i'll stick to it

its strange really because i brought the game and never tried it in its original form

maybe i was too quick to fix something that was'nt broken lol

cheers for the imput

keep it coming

magnoliadave

8.0.0 had 2 major bugs though.

Your stadium expansion would go back to original after loading a save game.

Sometimes if there were'nt any options to chose in season expectations, you're transfer and wage budget woud'nt change from what you had last season.

But otherwise 8.0.0 is still fun. I still play it

board confidence is far from perfect in 8.02, but it was awful in the unpatched game - it wasn't smart enough to spot when you'd been promoted, so if you had a two year plan to get promoted and you achieved it in your first season, you'd have to get promoted in your second season too or you'd be sacked,

there were also big problems with closing down, and numerous other bugs

8.0.0 was rightly criticised. I don't think it was half as bad as many of the whinges that were seen on these boards.

It did have fewer bugs then 7.0, sadly, there were more serious bugs. Closing down was poor, and made AMC's far too deadly, but there were work arounds. The Scottish fixture bug must have been infuriatting for anyone who experienced it. Finally, whilst board confidence is still far from perfect, it was a mess in 8.0.0.

Personally, I wouldn't bother re-installing the game, just download 8.0.2. It's far more enjoyable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

Anyone?!

If I can't find 3 people who will stick up for 8.0.2 in regards to the problems/bugs/whatever I will stay with 8.0.0. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problems with my 8.02 game.

1) attribute problem, yes some players do lose some points off their attributes, but this is a reflection of a balanced change in the match engine and the way CA is calculated. Those players still play as well as they did, it is only the loss of pace and acceleration that are a small problem. But fast players should be a bit more rare than they are under 8.01.

2) I am seeing a slight increase in goals, but nothing to throw my dummy out of the pram about.

3) I am also scoring more from corners, but again not enough to make me moan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

I will only accept positive points on 8.0.2 if they directly address the 2 bugs/problems that I've mentioned;

1. The attributes dropping bug/problem.

2. The high amount of goals bug/problem.

So I'm still at +1 atm. Need +3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Is not a bug, it's meant to happen, it doesn't affect player versus player ability, or at least not in any wau you'll notice.

2. Doesn't happen if you avoid using the corner bug to your advantage and use realistic tactics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kriss:

I will only accept positive points on 8.0.2 if they directly address the 2 bugs/problems that I've mentioned;

1. The attributes dropping bug/problem.

2. The high amount of goals bug/problem.

So I'm still at +1 atm. Need +3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Is not a bug, it's meant to happen, it doesn't affect player versus player ability, or at least not in any wau you'll notice.

2. Doesn't happen if you avoid using the corner bug to your advantage and use realistic tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

out of curiosity , how do you use the corner bug to your advantage ? are there certain instructions to give players ?

1) Attributes dropping isn't a problem. The algorith used to distribute attributes according to CA has been tweaked. It now makes it much easier to see who the top players are as there are fewer players with 19's and 20's.

2) Not noticed this myself. I've had games where more goals have been scored then you would expect, but you get this in football.

8.0.0 was unplayable, 8.0.1 was great 8.0.2 was laughable, especially the 'too many goals from corners' issue in IMO. I suppose 8.0.2 is playable if you don't use the 'corner tactic' but i mostly play my fm games online in an established clan so to expect people not to exploit the 'corner tactic' you've got to be kidding yourself.

I tolerated 8.0. It had bugs sure, but none really ruined the game. Wasnt as good as 7.02 though.

Quit in fury in 8.01 and went back to FM2007, after strikers just couldnt score a one on one.

Came back to try 8.02. And I love it. Finally better than 7.02 for me.

Havent seen too many goals, in total, from range or from corners. If anything, I was worried I wouldnt score many goals after losing two of my first three games 1-0.

Attributes isnt a problem either, just start a new game.

At least try 8.02

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pancu:

I have played all 3 : 8.0.0 , 8.0.1, 8.0.2 and for me 8.0.0 is the best. 8.0.1 is a close two and 8.0.2 is rubbish(at least FOR ME).I know 95% wouldn't agree with me but is just my opinion... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> totally agree, well for me 8.01 was amazing..the next game it wud be gud to just bring out the game and thats it, no patches etc..

robertodibaggio - I haven't seen that once in 12 seasons.

Also, what WOULD happen if you stayed in the SPL for the first 2 seasons on 8.0.0? I mean, literally, what happens? The fixtures disappear and?... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first season you have the normal fixtures, tthe second season, the fixtures disapears, and all you can play is pre-season friendlies.

By the next season, the fixtures would be back.

Archived