Transfers between rivals

Ok, I'm a couple of seasons into my game and I've noticed, in general, that clubs don't act in a particularly realistic way when negotiating transfers with rival clubs. The most recent example:

Luka Modric is unhappy at Spurs and hands in a transfer request, Spurs list him and offer him around to clubs for £16m. The creme de la creme of European football all put in offers: Milan, Juve, Real, Barca, Man United, Chelsea... and Arsenal. All the clubs make a non-negotiable £16m offer and all, including Arsenal, are accepted. In the end Modric accepted the contract offer from Arsenal and they got their rival's star player at a bargain price.

I wouldn't call this a bug, but maybe something that could be looked at in order to improve the realism of the game. In real life in that situation, you'd expect Spurs to accept all the foreign offers, maybe those from United and Chelsea, but to do everything in their power to stop their man going to Arsenal. It just seemed odd to me to see the transfer go through.

Archived