What is required for a leagues reputation to rise?

I think european success (CL, Eufa cups wins etc), maybe also the nation doing well in the world cup. Not sure about amount of high profile players that are playing in the league, maybe it affects it as well.

I consider that a major bug cause it wipes out all player efforts

I always thought that it improved over time, which means that all my previous games on FM have been a waste of time as I like to go most teams in the Scottish prem and try and build each team up and get the league notoriety up.:thdn::mad:

I'm pretty sure league reputation is still fixed. League standard can improve and will enhance the league you're playing in, but league rep essentially caps club rep and stops you ever having a proper world class club and the benefits associated with it.

The (bad) way that club's reputation works in FM09 makes me "cheat". If after a while (3-4 seasons) Liga Sagres rep doesnt raise Ill have to use FMRTE, same way that I had to use due to a huge and unexplainable reputation loss as Benfica...

One of the arguments against dynamic league rep (I'm too lazy to look for the thread it was said in :p ) was it would require complex modelling of world finances and all that sorta thing, for example like how Russia's league rep is rising through the success of their bankrolled clubs.

I personally disagree, and feel that within the context of the game, it should be influenced solely by club's performances in Europe (or the relevant continental competition). Much like the UEFA nation coefficients, but tuned to react much more slowly. So for example, an "unusual" CL winner like Porto wouldn't see an immediate spike in Portugal's reputation, but sustained success/improvement in European performance over a few years like seen in England and Russia would see the league's reputation creep up.

One of the arguments against dynamic league rep (I'm too lazy to look for the thread it was said in :p ) was it would require complex modelling of world finances and all that sorta thing, for example like how Russia's league rep is rising through the success of their bankrolled clubs.

I personally disagree, and feel that within the context of the game, it should be influenced solely by club's performances in Europe (or the relevant continental competition). Much like the UEFA nation coefficients, but tuned to react much more slowly. So for example, an "unusual" CL winner like Porto wouldn't see an immediate spike in Portugal's reputation, but sustained success/improvement in European performance over a few years like seen in England and Russia would see the league's reputation creep up.

I totally agree. If reputation still is an magic limit, it makes the game unrealistic. In the real world I think money is more important. I mean, if all premier league clubs would be bankrupt in a few years, unable to give players the usual high wages, I don't think players would be attracted to play there just because its england. Maybe the results the clubs achive in Europe, plus some general value of all clubs playing in the first division could affect the reputation over long term.

So if you do stick it out in a league for a long term save you have no real chance of getting the leagues reputation up....even if the domestic clubs are doing well in Europe consistantly - waste of time playing in a lower rep league like Scotland then.....best just stick to England, Italy, Germany and Spain.

I didnt know this until reading this thread - and unhappy reading it is.

Can anyone from SI comment on this please.

I think it's still fixed but it can be changed on the editor prior to starting a game but that's not new either. It's always been that way.

Yah, ideally, in the long-run, SI need to develop the complex code it needs so during a long-term game, certain leagues have improved/declined in reputation.

I totally agree. League reputation should not be fixed, but I think there should be several factors that decides how the reputation changes, it should change on the base of continental results of the clubs in the country, how rich the clubs are and the quality of players in the league.

Just to generate a ictional example. If 5 Bundesliga clubs is taken over by rich tycoons in the game, the clubs will be very rich, and this again should automaticly make them able to attract better players since they can offer more vages and higher transfer fees. And when some star players move to the Bundesliga it generates interrest and then again even more good players want to go there, and then the teams get better, and does better continentally etc..and when clubs does better continetally the reputation rices. It's just to look at how it was IRL, in the 90ties people said the Italian league was the best, but then the spannish clubs reborned them self and started dominating Europe and their league got the reputation of being the best, now the English clubs have taken over and now people says that the PL is the best league.

As it stands, league standard increases within the game, but only i think if a team from that league wins the champions league. If league reputation was scrapped and league standard was used instead it would be a good start to letting successful leagues develop naturally. Of course it would be better if all sorts of factors previously mentioned were considered but that would take a long while to programme and get correct. Using league standard would be a good temporary solution i feel.

UEFA Cup too :p (I increased Poruguese league standard by 1 point with the UEFA Cup win)

Ah good pont i didn't actually know that!

what is league standard and how's it different to league reputation?

As i undersand:

League standard affects things such as the level of player AI teams will play in their team and look to sign as well as how much younger players develop.

League reputation is a cap on club reputation. So if you are from a smaller league, no matter how successful you are, you're rep will never go above a certain level e.g. reach worldwide status.

I'm extremely disappointed to learn this, i yearn for the day league reputation can change too, for me this will be the biggest leap forward possibly ever in the FM series as it would change so much about the way the game plays long term.

I always thought that it improved over time, which means that all my previous games on FM have been a waste of time as I like to go most teams in the Scottish prem and try and build each team up and get the league notoriety up.:thdn::mad:

"notoriety"? What?

The leagues' cash, UEFA co-efficients, regens and the successful clubs' reputations will get better. What will happen is a Norway (or rather, Scotland) like situation will occur, it's the team's reputation that rises. If Celtic won the CL 10 times in a row, would it make anyone want to join Partick Thistle?

As for playing as 10 different teams at once, I'd imagine some of them have to lose, so I don't see the point.

Archived