Just both FM2009

So I just been out and picked a copy up. Now I have to say it has been such a long time since I played a Football Manager game (unless you class fantasy footbal as such - but I personally don't)

The last football manager game I played would of been something like CM02 perhaps. Wasn't all that impressed to be honest. I thought it lacked depth and there wasn't really a lot to it. The last football manager game that I really enjoyed would of been Premier Manager on the old Commadore Amiga which was fantastic. I loved it because there was so much to do from picking the team to enhancing the ground (even down to the advertising boards). I started out playing FM games on the spectrum 128k :D looking back they were pretty poor but at the time (i would of been about 12) I thought they were fantastic!

Just come on here and seen loads of posts complaining about the game and people saying they will go back to FM08! Have I made a mistake with this game? Will I like it or will I play once and then leave it to collect dust?

Your thoughts please?

i also thought that premier manager in all of its forms was a classic game. i unlike you have played football manager games, semi-religiously since the original spectrum football manager with the picture of the bloke from the 'joy of sex' on the cover. to my mind this is the worse version of this particular football manager brand in years. however for as many people on here who hate it there are as many that love it so i'd make my own mind up if i were you.

Just to give another point of view to tefal. I would say this game is one of the best fm games. I really feel like i'm achieving something when i win. Not just picking a super-tactic and never looking at it again. The bugs aren't much of a problem. What I would say is look at the tactics forums and peruse the TT&F (Tactical Theorums & Formulations) It will give you an insight on how the game engine works-which i would say is key to being successful.

If like you say you have'nt played an SI Football Manager, you may need to percevere for a bit. It isnt a forgiving game. But trust me the reward when you do get it right makes it all worth it

Would echo what forzautd said and definately reccomend perservering with the game for a while.

You may find that you are very good at the game naturally - plenty of people are.

One thing i would say is don't rely on the defualt tactics, they're poo.

Personally i have not enjoyed FM this much for years!

Archived