Football Manager has ruined my education......

It would be sad if FM ruined your education.

However, if you want good advice, do this:

1. Write part of your essay.

2. Play FM for 30 minutes.

3. Write another part of your essay.

4. Play FM for 40 minutes

5. Finish your essay.

6. Play FM for an hour.

If you know that you will get a reward after your work, it will help you work harder.

• SI Staff

You people have it so much easier these days. All I had were books as internet access was uncommon back then unless you actually went to the university. :(

Get your finger out and get your essay done. FM will still be there when you've done it :)

You people have it so much easier these days. All I had were books as internet access was uncommon back then unless you actually went to the university. :(

Get your finger out and get your essay done. FM will still be there when you've done it :)

Yes, the memories, I actually had to get all the info myself, no wikipedia, google or something else.

But as said by others, Write a part, play FM back to the writing etc.

School ? I still remind something far away related to that word. Plz don't smile @ my english, I'm definitely not a mothertongue :)

Back to us, do your homeworks guy, then, once done, let the school apart for few days in favour of FM :D

I had a spell when I thought I'd be able to get more work done on my PhD thesis by working from home rather than going into my office...boy was that a bad idea! My logic was something like that I would work better if I was nicely relaxed, taking breaks to play FM in amongst writing the thesis, whereas at my office desk I'd be getting more stressed working constantly on the thesis.

I was certainly correct about being more relaxed. I was so relaxed that a typical day tended to involve playing FM most of the time with the odd short break to add a very small amount to my thesis. Unsurprisingly I shelved that idea after a few days and decided I'd better start doing the work in my office if I wanted to end up with a PhD!

I have the same problem, i have a linguistics essay to be in on thursday, which involves me transcribing an hours worth of interview that i did, and then analysing it using Wells four differences, i may need to ask for an extension, i'm sure i'll find an excuse. Although today i've got a fair amount done, now time for FM and a couple episodes of 24

I had a spell when I thought I'd be able to get more work done on my PhD thesis by working from home rather than going into my office...boy was that a bad idea! My logic was something like that I would work better if I was nicely relaxed, taking breaks to play FM in amongst writing the thesis, whereas at my office desk I'd be getting more stressed working constantly on the thesis.

I was certainly correct about being more relaxed. I was so relaxed that a typical day tended to involve playing FM most of the time with the odd short break to add a very small amount to my thesis. Unsurprisingly I shelved that idea after a few days and decided I'd better start doing the work in my office if I wanted to end up with a PhD!

A PhD is what I really want to do. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever have the money and I doubt anyone is going to fund me through it.

A PhD is what I really want to do. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever have the money and I doubt anyone is going to fund me through it.

Well you offered to put money towards glamdring's copy of 09, so I think it's only fair that he put money towards your PhD.

There's no way on earth I could afford another degree in something I actually want to do, nevermind the fact that I probably wouldn't have the time. I've opted for an Open University course, i'm not sure if they are taken all that seriously and i'll be 30 before I finish it, but oh well.

There's no way on earth I could afford another degree in something I actually want to do, nevermind the fact that I probably wouldn't have the time. I've opted for an Open University course, i'm not sure if they are taken all that seriously and i'll be 30 before I finish it, but oh well.

I think any effort to pursue education in adult life is taken seriously. It should be, anyway. Wanting to learn is a good quality in anybody, as far as I'm concerned.

Well as far as I know, I start in January. Five years of part time education to look forward to and then an extra year of full time, if I decide to do a PGCE. I figure, it's easier to do it now, than leave it and get into a position where I am stuck doing what i'm doing.

I think any effort to pursue education in adult life is taken seriously. It should be, anyway. Wanting to learn is a good quality in anybody, as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's an essential quality. Plus learning is good fun, and interesting.

I'd have to agree with that. My way was the easy way - just slide neatly into doing a PhD at the same University as my first degree and with the same supervisor as my final year project in my degree. I doubt I've have the dedication to pursue any further education once I'm in a full time job so have total respect for anyone who does.

Mebee you could get someone to fund you to do a PhD about FM :p

I'd have to agree with that. My way was the easy way - just slide neatly into doing a PhD at the same University as my first degree and with the same supervisor as my final year project in my degree. I doubt I've have the dedication to pursue any further education once I'm in a full time job so have total respect for anyone who does.

Mebee you could get someone to fund you to do a PhD about FM :p

I did both my degree and my Master's at Lancaster. I would have liked to have stayed to do a PhD but it was never financially viable. Hope it will be someday.

I'm in med school and FM 09 is just a teaser when I see the icon on my desktop, so that essay is a piece of cake. I was studying for my parasitology and anatomy midterm while everyone was enjoying FM 09 when it first came out. Now that was a big tease.

I'm having a hard time squeezing in time for FM 09 and it seems as I have less and less time as each year goes on. :(

Hurray for the holidays coming up though. :D

Archived