Schuster fired, Ramos hired.....

Surely FM should mirror the antics of various chairmen and make them notoriously erratic and trigger happy. I've yet to see managers in Spain or Italy get fired when losing certain games or dropping behind too much. Maybe the stats need tweaking some more ?

Well, Schuster thing had more to do with team performance than anything else...

I've seen all Real Madrid matches this year and it was obvious that there was a complete lack of tactical stability. People like Ramos, Pepe, Cannavaro or Heinze looked as if they were complete noobs, all day argueing between themselves and with Casillas, and making constant marking mistakes.

It was clear that last season the team didn't perform bad because of the "legacy" of Capello's defensive ideas, but proggresively Schuster made the squad forget those ideas and he completely failed to set up a decent system.

Plus... how many world-class teams have you ever seen that only play with ONE winger, and perform well? Schuster wouldn't play Robinho and Robben together... never. Only one of them in the left flank. This year Robinho left and he kept using either Robben OR Drenthe, but he hardly ever played them together.

I'm always of the idea that managers need to be given time (at least 1-2 seasons) to develop his ideas and prove themselves, and I usually don't like how frequently they get sacked here in Spain.

But believe me... Schuster was the most obvious case of a manager who had absolutely no control or tactical ideas on the pitch (after Ronald Koeman at Valencia, of course :D).

Recently, Schuster was asked at a press conference:

- Why does the team conceed so many goals?

This was his answer:

- Well, I have no idea... I can't help you with that one.

LOL

Did Schuster not say in the press that he couldn't beat Barcelona? I'm sure the board wouldn't have been too happy with these comments but some of their performances have been a shambles and he probably deserved to go in my opinion.

Surely FM should mirror the antics of various chairmen and make them notoriously erratic and trigger happy. I've yet to see managers in Spain or Italy get fired when losing certain games or dropping behind too much. Maybe the stats need tweaking some more ?

Yup. Managers are under constant pressure. Chairmen personalities are absolutely vital to a realistic game experience: some never know when they've got it good and some are obsessive compulsive control freaks. Some are ignorant and meddling, some are fantastic and supportive etc etc etc. Without them and correspondingly manager personalities, the game feels very much like a spreadsheet alas. It just lacks soul.

Scolari has gone back to managing Brazil, Mouriniho back at Chelsea. Sir Alex still in my game and i'm half way through season 3!

Similar in mine - Chelsea are pants and Scolari went back to Brazil, while Ancelotti took the Chelsea job. Rijkaard then took the Milan job. Apart from that, not much has happened.

Charlo, Ramos is a great manager, ive been a Barca member for 15 years and i have seen many managers come and go through Spain. I mean the guy took Seville to back to back UEFA cups, and since he has gone Seville has done nothing, alot of people judge managers on one instance ie you saying he didnt do well in Englad so he must be rubbish, doesnt always work like that, dont mean to sound like im having a go, but its just something that bugs me!

WHAT!? Real Madrid hired Ramos! Do they not watch the EPL?

Do you even follow the EPL?

He could not get his tactical message across, he could not get the play that he wanted across to the players effectively, and the Comolli debacle, the players he wanted and do not want etc

Seriously he failed to adapt to the EPL and the EPL players.

Don't even mention the Carling Cup, they were lucky in the games up to the final.

Ramos will do much much better in Spain, he is a talented manager and Spain is his niche.

I'm not sure the Schuster sacking was down to an erratic and trigger happy chairman, it was more down to an erratic manager and team.

As for chairmen in game, they have attributes, just like we have attributes and players have attributes and these attributes will decide whether they are willing to put up with a poor run of results or sack you on the spot.

Juande ramos is a great manager what he did with Sevilla was first class not only did he get them to a very respectable position in the league after they had sold all there best players like Baptista, Ramos and Reyes he took them to back to back UEFA cups. Sevilla were also playing some of the most atractive football in europe, so if he can do this with Real Madrid they could be a top top team once again...

I haven't played 09 enough to comment properly, but I know on 09 Barca had a new manager every couple of years. Real Madrid won the title 12 times in a row! And no, I wasn't managing them - it was the AI. I think it was the mental illness that gripped most AI managers in 08 - a series of mediocre signings for positions where you already have world class players and no signings for positions they needed to strengthen. Real Madrid kept largely the same team until they started to age.

From what I've seen only Man City have fallen into this trap on 09, but if anyone has seen similar things at already-big clubs it would be interesting to hear.

Look at the two managers tottenham have sacked, Jol and Ramos. Neither is a bad manager, its just didn't do well with tottenham. Ramos did have some funny ideas and his motivational skills belong at the bottom of a bucket, but doesnt make him a bad manager.

Jol is doin great things with HSV this season, 4 points from top, with a team named after an american fast food! Miraculous! ;)

Archived