How to buy in Moscow/RF

If the service to download it is not available, do you know if the service to activate the game is available? Because if not it doesn't matter where you get it from, you won't be able to play it

I think that is not totally true, yo ucan activate in other ways then Steam.

Can't you buy form the net somewhere.

If you ordered via the Internet (so you can actually get a physical copy of the game delivered to you in Mos) I would have thought you'd then be able to use the phone activation or Internet activation to get the game registered.

I cannot believe FM is not sold in Russia! What a wasted opportunity for SEGA/SI to make money...

What about Ukraine and other ex-USSR countries? Can one buy legit copy of FM09 or distribution was signed over to the pirate brotherhood? :)

You took the words right out of my mouth. Not even Steam ? how the heck is that possible ?! I got the game via steam in Romania, and a friend told me he also saw FM 2009 in a retail store.

How was such a big market, like Russia, left out ?

maybe it's not...

maybe it's just them people who are too friendly and helping as usual..

i go like, football manager 09? they just shake head and/or sometimes bother to say no release!....

i've never bought a pirate copy of FM before.. for years!!... and still i wait,silently..

i'm really having a hard time understanding.. and started being an expat here... again...

Do you work at all? Can you not have it sent to your work address or family work address? Easier for DHL to find a large/official building than it is an apartment somewhere I'd guess?

even worse!

when i tried to give my office address, they said that it's not possible to receive shipment of personal goods to an office!!!

good lord...

Ouch! Its not good is it.

To be fair, there is an awful lot of open piracy within Russia, especially Moscow as you'll no doubt be aware :D Professional looking (because they are chains!) of shops selling copied DVD's/Games, in many shopping centres. Maybe Sega dont think they can get a large enough return on selling the game out there or perhaps they are still negotiating with a publisher that can handle distribution throughout Russia.

Steam not having it available for you though - that is quite rubbish!

If you cannot find an alternative, I could arrange for an UK purchased game to arrive in Moscow and for it to then be forwarded onto you. Surely there must be a quicker way to get the game to you though?

Ouch! Its not good is it.

To be fair, there is an awful lot of open piracy within Russia, especially Moscow as you'll no doubt be aware :D Professional looking (because they are chains!) of shops selling copied DVD's/Games, in many shopping centres. Maybe Sega dont think they can get a large enough return on selling the game out there or perhaps they are still negotiating with a publisher that can handle distribution throughout Russia.

Steam not having it available for you though - that is quite rubbish!

If you cannot find an alternative, I could arrange for an UK purchased game to arrive in Moscow and for it to then be forwarded onto you. Surely there must be a quicker way to get the game to you though?

yeah...

well i left the office today went to 2 HUGE shops, they say it's not gonna be released soon at least..

well... when do u think u'll be around here ? :)

i can't .. i mean CAN'T believe this... like a joke it is...

Population versus Piracy versus disposable income versus Distribution Partner versus blah. Licensing as well - sounds funny when mentioned with 'Russia' :D I know what you mean though.

SarpAkyol - Maybe message Matt from Sega? He might have some info for you. You'll find him on this board.

I could mail one to an ex-girlfriend out there, but it will take a couple of weeks I'd guess. Especially at this time of year.

Archived