Is it worth setting up my own Training.

This isn't supposed to be an in depth discussion on the topic of training and if i want more details i'll post in the tactics/training forum but this is a general query.

This is a simple question.

Is it worth setting up training for each position like strikers, attacking midfielders, midfielders, defenders or are the default ones ok.

I know i can just use the default ones but as Liverpool would i see a huge improvement in my players if i set my own up.

Another question is. Do people have specific training setups for youth players against reserves and first team players?

Training is one side of the game i usually leave to the default setting and am looking to change that and improve my managerial skills in that field and any help would be useful.

Thanks

You should still be posting this in the tactics and training forum

But he wants a general discussion on this so he can Discuss it in here,

On that note thought Im not sure, I would hope it would improve them for there position, i'll be interested to see if people actually know.

Im the same i usually leave it to default and ive normally been succesfull. But in my juventus game, at the start i sacked nearly all the coaches ecept the very good ones, and brought my own coaches in. Ive basically got coaches in for specicifc things so ive got like coaches with high defnsive and tactic ratings and i only let them handle that side of training.

iv also developed individual training schedules for defenders, midfielders & attackers.

i think it does benefit you becaus eat end of day whats the point having your forward learning how to defend or your CB learning to dribble?? keep training position specicfic and it should improve the ares of their game that affect their playing position. ive also set every schedule to be just one click under high workload for fitness because i shouldnt have to rest players to often like that.

i dont kn0ow if my schedules are making a difference but im top of the league, it could well be helping

well, i play woth fc porto from the portuguese league. what i do is basically bring in young players, and i dont buy massive players. Ok, one or two, but only to make the team better, this way it will create a better team harmony. bringin in youth players i know that can develop to world class stars is an investment. It means they will create a relationship with the club, with the manager, and the youth squad. That makes it more difficult for them to leave the club in the future. I won champions league, and pretty much every competition i was in, but 3 years after i started managing the club. I had players that developed with me. The trick is basically setting up training to each position, and according to what each position needs. For instance, a striker: less defence, more attack. i do this with the youth team as well, but i dont put too much physic training because they can develop it once they grow up. its very important to bring in world class staff because player development is directly connected with those responsible for the traiining. And thats pretty much it. It takes a lot of time, but its something that will give u rewards, with time.

There are player position defaults, these differ from the default instructions when you select a formation I've noted. I selected 4-4-2 and then set up some team instructions.

Here's how I set things up

Step 1: Formation

Step 2: Team instructions

Step 3: Player specifics adapting team defaults

Step 4: Favoured moves

I don't bother with these specific player positions, attacking midfielder etc. I find it much quicker to set my instructions and adapt based on opposition and mostly which players I pick. Always keep the general team instructions the same, I might review the overall approach at the season's end when I might have signed new players.

Archived