The Best Eleven of the Year = Inaccurate

Just finished my third season as Motherwell manager (finishing 5th) and I have been informed of my "Best Eleven" for the season.

The previous summer I signed a Dutchman called Rob Wielaert, one of the reasons I purchased him was his versatility in that he could play in several positions. After selecting my main tactic and reviewing my squad for the upcoming season I found that Mr Wielaert would occupy a defensive midfield role given that he has both good defensive skills and the ability to make good passes - his ability at this position is also listed as accomplished.

After an excellent season he was inevitable included in the Best Eleven team......but when I viewed the team it left me annoyed and disappointed. The game had him filling the Right Fullback position (which is described as his natural position) and as a result my club captain and ever present right back (who had also been very good that season) was included as a substitute.

What is more is the fact that Rob Wielaert never once played Right Fullback.....only defensive midfield.

Why does FM09 not recognise where a player is playing......as opposed to some statistic in his profile?

Archived