Poor average ratings in winning sides

Wouldn't say that 7.1 is average, 5.0 ~6.5 is average in my opinion. How many games they have played? I guess over a season (30+ games) you can't get 8.00 or more, humans (thus players) are always a little inconsistent.

Exception you have always like C. Ronaldo irl last year, so I think that the game has reflected this correctly.

Isn't the default value (i.e. before kick-off) 6.4 now? It's something around that mark. So taking that as a 'nothing special' bog-standard for a match, 6.7+ will be above average and 7.1 would be a good, solid game, from my experience. My best player has had a blinding season so far and has a 17 game average of 7.38. His highest rating has been 8.5, but that was for one half. His H-T rating was 7.7 in that match.

One thing I have spotted, being in a lower league, is that players that are clearly higher quality tend to get lower ratings despite playing well. I guess this makes sense: he may be a vastly superior player compared to the average player in the division, and *appears* to be playing a good game despite never really getting out of second gear. A bit like having Ronaldo or Fabregas playing in the Championship...or, dare I say it, against the lower Prem teams, where Ronaldo particularly (and last season especially) seemed to stroll through some games.

Archived