I have a cunning plan...

I'm wonding what the chances are of persuading a player (big name player) would be willing to move from... Let's call them 'the Gunners'... Uh, I mean: 'A north London club', yes... That's far less obvious! Okay, where was I. So I was wonding if a player would be willing to move from this certain London club to my Derby (2nd place two seasons running and holders of the Champions League and FA Cup) side at the end of his contract, if I had one of his favoured personnel at the club. Currently he wouldn't be willing according to my scouts, but I can get one of his favoured personnel in, in fact they're on trial right now, for the second time!

Just try, put an offer in for him which they will accept, then when you go to negotiate you will know whether he is willing. Then cancel the deal and wait. You should use the media to unsettle him further so he will not sign a deal. Its a little risky waiting though, maybe just try to get him at a low price in the next window.

Well it's the window now, and the player that is his favoured personnel is 35 years old, hasn't had a club since the start of the season, but still might be of some use without the rest of my strikeforce firing. I might also mention that he was a legend of the game...

Clubs do take into account how long the player has left on his contract when considering bids, like wigan will probaly accept an offer for wigan in january if it is good enough, its better than risking him signing a new contract. I think you're ok naming the players btw.

How much are his wages? If it's not a big deal then it's worth a try.

He wants £5k, and I'll offer him £500.

Clubs do take into account how long the player has left on his contract when considering bids, like wigan will probaly accept an offer for wigan in january if it is good enough, its better than risking him signing a new contract. I think you're ok naming the players btw.

I know, I can probably get him for £7 or 8 mil right now... Still, the issue is more about him wishing to sign. If I can win the title (which is looking more and more likely), then he will be far more likely then, but for now, I've got to try and convince him.

Henry will be a bit old won't he?

Is the player fabregras?

That's the problem with signing him, but my strikeforce is failing me whilst the rest of the squad is powering me on. If I get my strikers going, I'm in for the title! Whether Henry personally helps, don't really care. My coaches sure think he won't. Maybe the extra striker might kick my other strikers a kick up the arse.

It's not Fabregas... Though I might go for him if I get a big enough transfer budget (which is very unlikely.

Sounds like Walcott to me.

Maybe...

I should also mention that this player I'm after... Let's call him "Possibly Theo Walcott" was privileged enough to see the Rams, and in particular two of my ailing strikers demonstrate why Derby are going to win the title, from on the pitch! Henry also made his Rams debut off the bench against his former club. Sadly however he didn't score...

Archived