Acceptable CA for the different leagues???

Premier league star - 180+

Average epl player -160-180

relegation battlers - 155-170 (overlaps a little)

high championship - 140-160

low championship - 120-140

league 1 - 100-120

thats wat i rekon anyway i may be completely wrong... actually maybe a bit high maybe if u drop all the stats by 5 that cud be more like it?

btw i just signed federico fazio in my game so happy and i had to tell someone :)

The thing is, CA isn't really that relavent. Attributes are what matters. You can have a player with an excellent CA, but whos attributes are all wrong for his position, while a player with low CA might have just the attributes he needs and hence be a better player. I've got a GK - Mariusz Pawalek - who's considered by my scouts, who go by CA, to be a "good championship player", yet looking at his attributes, I'd say he could perform up to mid-premiership level.

Though if you must go by CA, I'd say oranjeman's are all about 10-15 too high.

Here is how I break it up

Premier League

Title Challengers - CA 150 + / PA - 170 +

Champions League - CA 140 + / PA - 160 +

In Betweeners - CA 130 + / PA - 150 +

Relegation Battlers/Promoted teams - CA 120 + / PA - 140 +

Championship

Top Half - CA 110 + / PA 130 +

Bottom Half - CA 100 + / PA 120 +

League 1 - CA 90 + / PA 110 +

League 2 - CA 80 + / PA 100 +

Continue with BSP/S/N

i think the most important thing is current rating and potential rating.. which can only be seen using a scouter program... but im pretty sure thats the calculation of everything of that player....

the higher the better! :)

can someone clarify that?

i think the most important thing is current rating and potential rating.. which can only be seen using a scouter program... but im pretty sure thats the calculation of everything of that player....

the higher the better! :)

can someone clarify that?

Yeah, some scouting/editing programmes give a percentage based rating. I think they're calculated by weighting all the attributes based on the position. As such, they are indeed the best way to judge players. Without this though, your far better of estimating the rating based on the players attributes than relying on CA (or indeed scouts, who go by CA)

No.

PL needs to be about 170, min.

That's why I stick with attributes and ignore CA. I managed to win the PL (in 08) with a Spurs side that had 3 players with a CA over 170. People make too much of a big deal about CA/PA. I managed to get to the CL final with a Bayern Munich team that had only 3 players whose CA/PA was over 160! :cool:

IMO you are spoiling your game by looking at the CA, but its your game afterall.

I tend to look at stats and can get a good idea from that, if I need some to do a certain job (eg big target man) I will just get the best player possible to play in that position.

I don't take too much notice from Coaches and Ass Man regarding CA. If Player X is a "Good Championship player" according to my Ass Man but I think he has good enough stats to perform in the Premiership then I will play him in the Premiership and totally ignore my Ass Man.

"No.

PL needs to be about 170, min."

========================================

Thats completely wrong.

EPl teams outside of the top 4 are aiming at 140+ CA

Top 4 should be looking at 160+ CA

*i think actualy naming players and their stats isnt allowed here.. but i wont name them*

Theres a fairly regular (Real Life) top 4 midfielder with a CA of 158 and PA of 166

A right midfielder with a CA and PA hovering around 160 (he has played for the last few weeks, Real Life)

Another in that same team has a CA of 144 ad features often (albiet his PA was 185)

And another of the top 4 teams has several players all in the 1st team who are only in the high 160's.

Their star players are 170+

Mid table EPL teams are 140+ for 1st team regulars, 160+ for "stars"

Relgation teams are 120+ for first team and 140+ for "stars"

Mm. No-one agrees with me.

Well, it was a wild guess. I don't look at PA. I had the thread open when there were no replies and typed out that response... Then left it for half an hour going through other tabs :)

On another note, I would like people to feel sorry for me because I just released 27 youth players who were rated by my assistant as not having the potential to develop properly.

AFTER I released them, I checked and saw that my assistant has Judging Potential of 5...

Interesting read, Nomis. Thanks.

Edit: LOVE your location Nomis!!

On another note, I would like people to feel sorry for me because I just released 27 youth players who were rated by my assistant as not having the potential to develop properly.

AFTER I released them, I checked and saw that my assistant has Judging Potential of 5...

I hope because of my location, you believe everything I say and worship me as king :D

As for this quote, i've suffered from the same problem. In my career save on 08 I released a number of players at the end of the first season, based on my ass mans advice and didn't bother looking at them before doing so. Afterwards I did a search base don attributes to find youth players to replace them, I was confused as the ones who caught my eye were without a club, but refusing to sign for me. On checking their history I discovered that they were the players I had just released :mad:

Archived