Few Questions for SI....

Hello,I'm playing FM/CM series for a long period,and although you have the best football management game in the business,there are still some aspects of the game that are just worrying.

Firstly,I'd like to mention that SI doesn't pay enough attention to Balkan leagues and players.I think that this region has a lot of potential and SI has simply not tried enough to implement it in the current game.

Every time I wanna start a game with a lower European club,I have to go to stupid England conference,instead of playing with my favourite club,Zeljeznicar icon_smile.gif ,in Bosnia.You can find a lot of leagues such as Honk Kong,Malesia,etc...but you cant find Bosnian league,league which national team was 28 in the Fifa rankings several moths ago.

I know I can download Bosnian league and implement it in my game,but I dont want to do that,because people who are making Bosnian league are simply not competent for that job,they are too young and unexperienced.I WANT SI TO DO THAT icon_smile.gif

FM 09 is your first opportunity to implement Bosnian "Premijer Liga" to the game and to do a better job on other Balkan leagues such as Croatian and Serbian.This regionn deserves to have better players in the game,and so does millions of players from the Balkans.If you need any help with collecting all the players from Bosnia,I'm ready to help you,but please,SI,dont start your next FM experience without Bosnian league,and some fabolous talents from this country.I hope that ,next year,all FM players will go to Bosnia and Herzegovina to pick some talented players for their European clubs,instead of going to Romania and buying Stancu on the regularly basis icon_wink.gif There is a lot of good football playing in this region,and I want SI to acknowledge that with some improvements next year.

I hope that SI will respond positively on this subject,

cheers from Sarajevo

Hello,I'm playing FM/CM series for a long period,and although you have the best football management game in the business,there are still some aspects of the game that are just worrying.

Firstly,I'd like to mention that SI doesn't pay enough attention to Balkan leagues and players.I think that this region has a lot of potential and SI has simply not tried enough to implement it in the current game.

Every time I wanna start a game with a lower European club,I have to go to stupid England conference,instead of playing with my favourite club,Zeljeznicar icon_smile.gif ,in Bosnia.You can find a lot of leagues such as Honk Kong,Malesia,etc...but you cant find Bosnian league,league which national team was 28 in the Fifa rankings several moths ago.

I know I can download Bosnian league and implement it in my game,but I dont want to do that,because people who are making Bosnian league are simply not competent for that job,they are too young and unexperienced.I WANT SI TO DO THAT icon_smile.gif

FM 09 is your first opportunity to implement Bosnian "Premijer Liga" to the game and to do a better job on other Balkan leagues such as Croatian and Serbian.This regionn deserves to have better players in the game,and so does millions of players from the Balkans.If you need any help with collecting all the players from Bosnia,I'm ready to help you,but please,SI,dont start your next FM experience without Bosnian league,and some fabolous talents from this country.I hope that ,next year,all FM players will go to Bosnia and Herzegovina to pick some talented players for their European clubs,instead of going to Romania and buying Stancu on the regularly basis icon_wink.gif There is a lot of good football playing in this region,and I want SI to acknowledge that with some improvements next year.

I hope that SI will respond positively on this subject,

cheers from Sarajevo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">because people who are making Bosnian league are simply not competent for that job,they are too young and unexperienced.I WANT SI TO DO THAT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is totally impractical for SI to research all the possible playable leagues in the game- they therefore have to rely on local people in that country to do the research for them. I am sure that the Bosnian research team would be pleased to have you on board to help to get the standard of their research up to the standard you expect-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy 'the red' Howard:

On my current save Romania have just won the European Championships in 08, so they must have some good players, including Stancu... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying that Romania doesn't have good players,I'm just saying that Balkans posses some great and talented players too,and that SI shold acknowledge that by improving Serbian,Croatian,Slovenian and possibly adding Bosnian league.

We are witnessing an expansion of Balkan players who are playing in big European teams.Barbarez, Salihamidzic,Misimovic,Dzeko,Olic,Petric,Eduardo,Stankovic,Rukavina, are just some of them.There is a new wave of Balkan players coming to the European scene next year,such as Modric,Kalinic,Stilic,Jovetic...

hm, you are right that Kosovo declared independece, but they are not independent. they will not be in FIFA and UEFA, until they become part of United Nations, what will not be soon. BTW there is many stronger leagues than Kosovar, which are not in FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yohan_Gourcuff_:

I know I can download Bosnian league and implement it in my game,but I dont want to do that,because people who are making Bosnian league are simply not competent for that job,they are too young and unexperienced.I WANT SI TO DO THAT Smile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it is not good enough good for you, than you dont download it. if you are more competent, old and expirienced, why dont you make bosnian league yourself????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djuzelovic_fmserbia:

Kosovo isn't country and there will never be that league in FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wales isn't a country but they are in FIFA/UEFA and are playable on FM so there is hope for the Kosavars yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djuzelovic_fmserbia:

Kosovo isn't country and there will never be that league in FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh, political! But you are right, as long as Kosovo aren't recognised as a member state by the UN, a team won't be allowed to compete in FIFA-affiliated tournaments. New teams aren't being permitted by FIFA to gain international status if they aren't UN members, and I'd doubt that a non FIFA-recognised league would ever be included in FM, especially for such a small percent of SI's target audience.

As for the legitimacy of a Kosovan State, I leave that to the educated amongst us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

you are right bosnia has the ability to churn out marvelous players. just look at zlatan ibrahimovic... fantasic player... and ok he plays for sweden but he is bosnian in my eyes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Born in 1981 in Malmo Sweden, played for 2 clubs before moving to Malmo FF in 95 and then Ajax in 2001. Yup, a real bosnian icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toon07:

Oooh, political! But you are right, as long as Kosovo aren't recognised as a member state by the UN, a team won't be allowed to compete in FIFA-affiliated tournaments. New teams aren't being permitted by FIFA to gain international status if they aren't UN members, and I'd doubt that a non FIFA-recognised league would ever be included in FM, especially for such a small percent of SI's target audience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slightly cautious about stepping into a political debate, but that isn't strictly true - there is a Palestine national team isn't there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toon07:

Oooh, political! But you are right, as long as Kosovo aren't recognised as a member state by the UN, a team won't be allowed to compete in FIFA-affiliated tournaments. New teams aren't being permitted by FIFA to gain international status if they aren't UN members, and I'd doubt that a non FIFA-recognised league would ever be included in FM, especially for such a small percent of SI's target audience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slightly cautious about stepping into a political debate, but that isn't strictly true - there is a Palestine national team isn't there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh really? Is it FIFA-affiliated? I read something a while ago regarding the situations of Greenland, French Guinea and Catalonia, and had my eyes opened to just how favouritist FIFA is and how selectively it applies it's rules regarding membership.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lembit:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

you are right bosnia has the ability to churn out marvelous players. just look at zlatan ibrahimovic... fantasic player... and ok he plays for sweden but he is bosnian in my eyes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Born in 1981 in Malmo Sweden, played for 2 clubs before moving to Malmo FF in 95 and then Ajax in 2001. Yup, a real bosnian icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

father named Sefik,and as far as I know Zlatan isn't a swedish name,yup a real bosnian icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally supporting everyone who demand SI finally to add Bosnian league in official FM game.

I know that whole thing is up to us, Bosnians, to do research and all the stuff so SI can add all of it to engine and then we can play Bosnian leagues.

Ad you can see, i come from Bosnian FM site fmbosnia.com, and i totally disagree with the guy who said we are incompetent and too young. We made unofficial update and made Bosnian league, totally playable and updated, and invite him to try it and play his favorite clubs. I know here are bugs in this patch, but it has to be like that because we are only modifying one already made league, and adjusting it to Bosnian league. It is very hard job, and if author of this topic does not like it, then i warmly invite him to help all of us, and to make this patch better for him, and to everyone else too.

Finally, as i said, i agree we have to do 99% of the job, to find Bosnian league in game, but SI could give us some small support, a small glimmer of hope we are doing fine job, and we are on a right way to reach a goal, that someone is watching us and recognizing our hard work...

Cheers from Bosnia

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

Wales isn't a country </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

Wales isn't a country </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry. It's just that thing people do where they comment without knowing what they're talking about.

SI haven't added any new leagues for a few versions now. They seem to have decided they have enough and that is that for now icon_frown.gif I'd love to see the Faroese league added, but I doubt it ever will. Bosnia I guess has more of a chance though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

SI haven't added any new leagues for a few versions now. They seem to have decided they have enough and that is that for now icon_frown.gif I'd love to see the Faroese league added, but I doubt it ever will. Bosnia I guess has more of a chance though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find SI's attitude to this very disappointing. Africa in particular is hugely under-represented by playable leagues.

technically wales isnt a country its a pricipality,

but it makes as much difference as the fact that virginia and pensylvania (plus some others) arnt actually states but commonwealths.

more semantics when concerned with everyday life

I get really fed up with this 'Wales is a principality, Virginia is a commonwealth' talk.

Yes, Virginia does officially refer to itself as a commonwealth, but it is still a fully incorporated and recognised state of the union.

Wales, whilst a principality, is still a country.

A rather confusing definition from Wikipedia:

Wales is one of the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom. Traditionally a principality, Wales is located in the southwest of the island of Great Britain bordering England to the east, the Bristol Channel to the south, the Irish Sea to the west and north, and the estuary of the River Dee in the upper northeast.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I always thought Wales was just a nationally recognised unit of area icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the size of wales ia also very handy when describing areas of land. 'its always an area the size of wales thats destroyed by deforestation.'

cant remember where i got that from but its unfair to try an take credit for it still.

A rather confusing definition from Wikipedia:

Wales is one of the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom. Traditionally a principality, Wales is located in the southwest of the island of Great Britain bordering England to the east, the Bristol Channel to the south, the Irish Sea to the west and north, and the estuary of the River Dee in the upper northeast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not confusing. It is indeed a constituent country of the UK, and also traditionally a principality.

Hi Yohan_Gourcruff_,

Thanks for your post.

Your main issue appears to be with the quality and balance of the research of players in those countries. I’m sure the research team would be happy to receive your constructive analysis so that they can review their work for the next version.

We are continuously working on the database and are always looking to improve its accuracy. It’s an ongoing project, but as ever, any changes are at the discretion of our researchers and in line with the guidelines provided in order for them to critique players consistently. We do however welcome any input, so please do post your thoughts in the relevant section of the forums. icon_smile.gif

Adding new leagues however is a more complex task. There is a lot of work involved and a lot of obstacles to overcome before anything can be approved.

We have to ensure that adding new leagues is not to the detriment or quality of the existing ones that are already available. They all require maintenance and you would be surprised how many rules change from one season to the next.

In addition, sometimes the quality of research is not up to the standard required to ensure the league would simulate accurately to real life. Other problems may include the actual complexity of the rules and league structure. If they are too complex it may be difficult to implement from a programming perspective or the time and resources it would take to achieve would not be practical.

From a game perspective, it’s entirely possible that we will also need to invest further time and resource into ensuring those leagues finances and economical state are reflected accurately as well as market trends and behaviour in terms of transfers and player expectations.

Other issues may include licensing restrictions, marketing and piracy problems.

So, it’s not as simple as just adding new leagues in and I hope that explanation goes some way to giving you a better understanding of why the progress can appear slow.

Oooh, political! But you are right, as long as Kosovo aren't recognised as a member state by the UN, a team won't be allowed to compete in FIFA-affiliated tournaments. New teams aren't being permitted by FIFA to gain international status if they aren't UN members, and I'd doubt that a non FIFA-recognised league would ever be included in FM, especially for such a small percent of SI's target audience.

As for the legitimacy of a Kosovan State, I leave that to the educated amongst us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are countires in FIFA that are not recognised by the UN.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

Good form from SI, with the response.

Good to see icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, I always thought adding a new league was probably quite easy if the clubs and their players are already included in the database anyway, but it seems there is a lot more work than I thought. I guess having a Bosnian league implemented so badly that Bosnian clubs suddenly start dominating Europe would not be a good thing icon_razz.gif

Archived