I want to work my way up but..

I want to work my way up to the Premier League so I would start off as like a division 2 side. The problem is I don't know a single player & when I do begin to know my players, I don't know anyone else from other teams so I can't really buy that well.

If a scout gave me a list of people I don't really take notice anymore as the ones I have bought have been dreadful.

Another moan from me is I don't know what to do as I get bored really easily if I don't keep winning. For example I am Tottenham in my 3rd season (This probably the most seasons I've ever done) yet I finished 15th in first season, 8th in second, and 23 games in and 14th. I get really frustrated as the players I buy are good enough to gain me a champions league place yet I'm battling it out not to get relegated, I'm suprised I havn't been sacked! :confused:

Use the player filter function to search for players with X stats in certain areas. You can also define max value etc, then scout them for a report on whether they are better than those you already have.

Give it half a season and you'll know them all :)

What formation do you play?

Goalkeeper

Reflexes, Decisions, Command of Area, Handling, Agility, Positioning, Concentration, Aerial Ability, Composure, Anticipation, Jumping

Centre Backs

Jumping, Heading, Positioning, Marking, Tackling, Bravery, Pace, Concentration, Strength, Anticipation, Pace, Acceleration, Stamina

Full Backs

Stamina, Teamwork, Crossing, Strength, Work Rate, Positioning, Tackling, Pace, Passing, Anticipation, Decisions.

Wing Backs

Same as above, except plus - Pace, Acceleration

Defensive Midfielder

Tackling, Marking, Stamina, Strength, Teamwork, Work Rate, Concentration, Decisions, Creativity, Positioning, Passing, Bravery, Pace, Acceleration, Determination, Creativity.

Wingers

Crossing, Dribbling, Pace, Passing, Creativity, Long Shots, Off the Ball, Acceleration, Balance, Technique

Attacking Mids

Passing, Creativity, Dribbling, Long Shots, Finishing, Composure, Technique, Off the ball, Team, Decisions

Forwards

Creativity, Finishing, Off the Ball, Passing, Dribbling, Technique, Pace, Acceleration, Flair, First touch, Team work, balance, Anticipation, crossing.

Strikers

Finishing, Heading, Anticipation, Jumping, Off the Ball, Strength, Long Shots, Acceleration, Technique, First touch, Composure, Flair

try for players with high attributes in those areas

Use the player filter function to search for players with X stats in certain areas. You can also define max value etc, then scout them for a report on whether they are better than those you already have.

Give it half a season and you'll know them all :)

What formation do you play?

Another problem is my formation, I'm constantly changing it round whenever I lose around 2 on the trot or something.

I want to work my way up to the Premier League so I would start off as like a division 2 side. The problem is I don't know a single player & when I do begin to know my players, I don't know anyone else from other teams so I can't really buy that well.

If a scout gave me a list of people I don't really take notice anymore as the ones I have bought have been dreadful.

Another moan from me is I don't know what to do as I get bored really easily if I don't keep winning. For example I am Tottenham in my 3rd season (This probably the most seasons I've ever done) yet I finished 15th in first season, 8th in second, and 23 games in and 14th. I get really frustrated as the players I buy are good enough to gain me a champions league place yet I'm battling it out not to get relegated, I'm suprised I havn't been sacked! :confused:

Why not see that game through? you might surprise yourself eh. I find that when you're team finally comes good the rewards are so much better than just going to a team and winning it all straight away

just stick with it. presumably you've got a lot of the the same players that were there already? try to fashion a moderately attacking formation that still has one eye on defense. utilise players like bently, pav and modric. They really do become very good. I'm in my 3rd season as spurs - finished 6th, then 3rd, and currently battling it out with arsenal and city(grrr)

try and get yourself a really good def. minded CM. will make a world of difference at spurs

oh, And Dont Change Tactics! worst thing you can do mate. (unless you're playing something silly), try to keep some continuity...and keep confidence up!

Another problem is my formation, I'm constantly changing it round whenever I lose around 2 on the trot or something.

Well, when you say it like that I'd imagine you'd realise thats not the thing to be doing? I'm using 4-3-1-2 at the moment and its fine. Just tweak it to fix things you see going wrong in the match, have home and away versions and bobs your uncle.

Check your scout stats as well. They aren't going to be great at advising you on a good signing if they can't tell a Fabregas from a Fletcher. Judging player ability and judging player potential are obviously the important ones.

Yeah, look out or you might end up with an overrated Spaniard who isn't the player he was as a teenager instead of a hard-working Scottish dynamo who'll work his socks off and improve year on year. ;)

Archived