Question about performance

I just wanted to ask you guys on the forums here about a specific thing.

I'm trying to start a new game on FM09 with all available leagues in Europe running, on playable. No additional players are added.

All i get is "Football Manager 2009 (not responding). I've been trying a few times, so i thought maybe it was too much for the computer, since it haven't worked once. I even left the computer once for a couple of hours just to make sure, but still nothing.

Now i'm trying again, as we speak, with the same but this time with the Task Manager running to see what happens.

What i get from the readings is that the CPU usage is going up and down from 25% to 60%. According to the bars there's heavy activity all the time, although i can't see much of it in the game, nor in general performance. Doesn't really matter if i do other stuff or not.

Ram is constantly on 1,92 GB usage, so it doesn't really seem like much is happening there either, no matter if i do something else or not.

I have 39 processes running altogether with FM09.

My specs are Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 overclocked to 3.0GHz

4GB RAM (32-bit Vista Home so it uses only about 3.5GB on my system)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 896 MB

1TB HDD 7200rpm

Not too much of an expert but i would have thought that it could be a problem if it was too much to handle for the computer, but it doesn't seem like it since there's much more to use from the CPU and the RAM.

Is there anyone who's got any idea why this is?

Archived