steam?

Any help please

Its a programme that installs with the game and is linked to the web for updates and stuff. I think:confused: Its a bit annoying I installed it with steam and it kept popping up when I began the game so I turned it off.

seriously. dont use steam! when i used it, it didnt even feel like i owned the game, having to go through steam feels like you're asking their permission kind of. Use uniloc (the other option), it should work normally now and it installs the game onto your pc just like it used to do on previous games (hint hint SI, just go back to the old days).

REPEAT-dont use steam

oh and btw SI, the drm did absolutely nothing to stop piracy. My mate is, right at this point in time, playing an illegal copy of the game (and yes i did have a go at him for people like him causing the whole mess in the first place). but he's still playing it for free. whereas i payed like a mug (as usual) and had more problems than he did!

seriously. dont use steam! when i used it, it didnt even feel like i owned the game, having to go through steam feels like you're asking their permission kind of. Use uniloc (the other option), it should work normally now and it installs the game onto your pc just like it used to do on previous games (hint hint SI, just go back to the old days).

REPEAT-dont use steam

Bit of an over-reaction there - you don't need Steam to run the game, it's just another way of activating. Once you've activated, you need never run Steam again, just run FM.

Even if you purchase the game through Steam the above is still true, and the game is still installed on your PC in exactly the same way as it is when you install from the disc (just in a different folder!)

really? then why does everyone hate steam then?

when i used sream first when i went to run the game it said it was unavailable to play - i dont want some programme telling me I cant play a game that i already own! i woundnt say that was an over-reaction would you?

STEAM works fine. Uniloc is the problem.

howcome you find uniloc a problem?

i got home with the game on the friday it was released, after hours of problems with steam i tried uniloc and it worked instantly

seriously, being told by steam that the game was unavailable was the last staw- sorry if that seems unreasonable to you guys but i dont think it is.

Well, it took me about two hours. But the fact is that Uniloc's servers simply failed to handle all the traffic on release day.

thing is though, it isnt the day of release now. so that problem will not be there. Its just my opinion mate, but i find steam to be really intrusive and its not something i want installed on my laptop in all honesty.

uniloc worked straight away for me. what took 2/3 hours on steam took 5 min on uniloc. and that was on release day

thing is though, it isnt the day of release now. so that problem will not be there. Its just my opinion mate, but i find steam to be really intrusive and its not something i want installed on my laptop in all honesty.

I was actually trying to help by pointing out that you don't need Steam to play FM, it's just one of the ways of activating the game. Once activated, you need never run Steam again.

You'll have to manually get any patches yourself and apply them but then we've all been doing that for years anyway so it's not a problem.

The facts are that loads of people had problems with activation on release day, using both Steam and Uniloc. I'm not saying you're wrong to dislike Steam, that's your opinion and I respect it but it's not true to say that everybody hates it and I don't really get where you're coming from with the "intrusive" thing either but there you are.

you know as well as i do that there are a lot of people on here that dont like steam. you can find plenty of threads about it.

well when i activated through steam i did have to go through it to play if my memory is correct and there was a host of problems all resulting with me not being able to play football manager

Archived