US IGN Review *Please Show Your Loyalty To SI By Posting Your Disgust*

Follow this link to what HAS to be the worst review in history.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/142/14270939.html

I felt the need to post the following after reading this. No matter what opinions we have on the game not being as polished yet etc, something clearly is wrong over at IGN for this to have happened, how can UKIGN give it 9.1 and the USIGN give it 2.0??

This is what I posted:

Well, have just signed up to IGN simply and purely to post my disgust at the utter ignorance of this review.

Put simply this has to be the THE worst review of any game I have ever had the misfortune to read. Now lets be honest we can all be biased, be fanboys etc. But even the most intelligent of people can clearly see that 2.0 is an outrage. NOw had I read this review and seen 7.0, 6.2, 9.1, 8.1.....whatever then I would read it and thought "ok not my opinion, I like it but its not for everyone." I am a massive sports management sim fan, strategy fan etc. Now I have played nearly all of them from Grey Dogs fantastic Total Extreme Wrestling 06, 07, 08, WMMA, Front Office Pro Football (which is currently possibly the best American Football management sim), Out of The Park Baseball (pre-SI and post), Univeral Boxing Manager, Eastside Hockey Manager, Baseball Mogul, Football Mogul, Title Bout Championship Boxing, Total Pro Football (another GDS game although under .400 Studios Then and still awaiting Arlie Rhan's Bowl Bound Pro Football as Bowl Bound College Football was and is a quality game), International Cricket Captain, Total Pro Golf (Wolverine Studios are pretty good, although not quite as good as Adam Ryland and Grey Dog Software) etc, etc, etc, etc. Basically I am an avid sports management fan (although sad!! lol!), and the Football Manager series (Championship Manager SI days) are quite simply the benchmark, pure and simple, in ease of interface use, depth etc, etc. Now Some sports management games I enjoy and some are quite simply useless, Grey Dogs games are great, however the interface can quite literally be very tiring and although I love them I often play them wishing for the hyperlinks of Football Manager etc. Quite simply this is THE DADDY of all Sports Management games, not because I love Football (Soccer, whatever), but because quite simply IF Sports Interactive were (and they wont which is a shame, because they possibly lack the knowledge in all Sports to provide the depth that they always deliver) to make a Sports Sim for every sport it would be THE best in each category, bottom line. I am also a fan of nearly every game genre (especially strategy think Paradox Interactive etc and you get the idea) and to make it quicker and more relevant to read, currently play Madden 09 (360), FIFA 09 (360), NHL 09, NBA etc...And these as we ALL know are entirely different games (and great games), hence why they are put in a different genre, Madden is great and my god has it given me hours of playing time, but if I ever wish to "play" a more in depth management sim of Gridiron then I turn to Front Office Pro Football for my fix, they are the same sport but entirely different games, which is something this reviewer should have known, and if he or she does not then why is he or she working for IGN?

So my question is simple: Why on Earth did IGN management allow this "reviewer" to review a game and genre that he or she clearly knows nothing about? How did this get past the editor (if indeed there is some form of quality control?) because how could a game that had been reviewed by UKIGN (surely the same company and not void of communication between each office or department?) at 9.1 yet here we see 2.0?? Anyone with half a brain cell can see that something is wrong with this picture?? Regardless of whether you like these sorts of games or not (each to their own), anyone can see that with such a difference in score/rating it isn't simply a case of the UK being more into their Football (Soccer) than the US, and again I ask how did this get onto the site without all these questions being asked by SOMEONE?

So finally what needs to be understood that this is far more than just a case of a "bad review" or "personal taste." This is the kind of short sightedness and bad management that hurts companies, and I am sure it isn't the first time IGN have made such an oversight, and they are not the only major Games Review Site to do so (Gamespot also being guilty at times).

So to conclude I think that the review would need to be removed, although I would fully expect it not to be, and at the same time none of these posts to be read by either the reviewer or IGN (so of course yes I am wasting my time, but hey when you feel passionately about something its better to try than to not try at all!). And yes I do enjoy playing FM09 so I will be slightly biased, but surely that would only mean that maybe I would review it at 8.1 whilst the reviewer would give it a 6.5, 5.5, 9.1, 8.7 etc....but again 2.0?? Hmmmmm I think either IGN have been duped by the reviewer into thinking that he or she was qualified for the job, or the reviewer had a game dumped on he or she and didnt know anything about or quite simply that all games reviews are now all about the graphics, corperate back slapping/pressure etc. Personally I think management is to blame more than the reviewer for more reasons than this overly long post has time to mention!!!

L

So if like me you have been enjoying this game, and have enjoyed FM/CM over the years please also take some time out to blast them with your disapproval.

L

US review Hates football game? /shock!

Uh oh, you better not say that. I got a good telling off by some Chuck Norris-esque American hero who got all emotional when I said that I didn't trust any reviews that had 'soccer' in the title.

Archived