Euro Qualification Rules

Sorry for the dumb question, but can someone explain the qualification in the EPL for me? I unknowingly qualified for the Euro Cup through my semi-final appearance in the FA Cup. Does the highest placed team in the FA Cup that has not already qualified for Europe via league position get the berth?

If someone could explain I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Sorry for the dumb question, but can someone explain the qualification in the EPL for me? I unknowingly qualified for the Euro Cup through my semi-final appearance in the FA Cup. Does the highest placed team in the FA Cup that has not already qualified for Europe via league position get the berth?

No.

At least not in real life.

To qualify..

5th in PL

FA Cup Champions

League Cups Champions

If one or more of the cup champions are already in Europe, thire place is given to the next highest PL team (6th, then 7th)

+ if England win the Europe fair play league or get a reasonably high score and get lucky in a draw, then the highest placed team in the English fair play league who is not already in Europe through other means will qualify.

Note you can not view the fair play leagues in game.

So how could I have qualified then? I finished 10th in league, and lost in the semis in the FA Cup. The 2 finalists and the other semi finalist in the FA Cup were already qualified through league play.

Teams 7, 8, and 9 in league did not qualify for the Euro Cup but I did in 10th. Surprised the heck out of me when I found out I had qualified...

4 people in semi's, 3 qualified.

If the winner of the FA Cup has qualified, it goes to runner up, then if they've qualified, it goes to semi finialists. Thats how you qualified.

So many wrong statements there it is scary

So how could I have qualified then? I finished 10th in league, and lost in the semis in the FA Cup. The 2 finalists and the other semi finalist in the FA Cup were already qualified through league play.

Teams 7, 8, and 9 in league did not qualify for the Euro Cup but I did in 10th. Surprised the heck out of me when I found out I had qualified...

Fair Play League. England were picked/won it and as the team with the best disciplinary record you get the place.

4 people in semi's, 3 qualified.

If the winner of the FA Cup has qualified, it goes to runner up, then if they've qualified, it goes to semi finialists. Thats how you qualified.

Assuming both finalists had qualified but neither semi-finalist had how would that work? Two teams share the one place in Europe? No. You cannot qualify for Europe by being a cup semi-finalist.

if the 5th placed team in your league qualified via winning a cup or in any way qualified other than finishing 5th in leaguem it goes to 6th place. Again if they have qualified in any other way it moves down again.

With you finishing in 10th i can only assume, and its a long shot that team 5 qualified via cup, as did 6. The other 2 moved down to 7+8 and ermm, well, i was going to say an extra place for fair play but i dunno. Unless team 9 qualified somehow.....

Sorry wasn't thinking, it goes to best disicplnary record ofc if awarded to england you would have qualified by aquiring less bookings etc through the season than any other team.

You can view fair play leagues in all leagues

Just check the the team stats screen and check the yellow cards,and red cards screen

England got drawn in the lucky draw,and I checked out those screens,saw that i had the least yellow and red cards,and yes I qualified

Don't forget that if a team from your league wins a European trophy, then your country gets an extra place in the UEFA Cup the next season - or so I was told when I queried this on the bugs forum. So you have your 4 Champs Lge spots, plus the original 3 UEFA spots, plus 2 for winning the UEFA/Champs Lge, plus the fair play spot = 10 places.

FA Cup runner up gets a place in the uefa if the winner is already in europe through their league place.

League Cup runner up doesn't get a uefa place if the winner is in europe, it goes to the next highest placed team in the league. Apart from that it's league position or fair play.

And robin, i'm not sure about uefa cup but champs league if you win and don't qualify the next year the lowest place team forfeits their place. England just got an extra place because there wasn't a rule in place for the situation.

FA Cup runner up gets a place in the uefa if the winner is already in europe through their league place.

League Cup runner up doesn't get a uefa place if the winner is in europe, it goes to the next highest placed team in the league. Apart from that it's league position or fair play.

And robin, i'm not sure about uefa cup but champs league if you win and don't qualify the next year the lowest place team forfeits their place. England just got an extra place because there wasn't a rule in place for the situation.

Correct, that was when Liverpool won the CL in 2005 and finished 5th after Everton. The EUFA didn't had a rule then so they were allowed to participate in the 2nd (or 3rd) qualifying round (against TNS from wales iirc) while Arsenal and Everton entered the 3rd qualifying round.

Last year Man City got there EUFA cup spot for this season because of the fair play table.

I think you can check this in the rules section of each competition (EPL, FA cup etc) int he game

Archived