Someone Inspire Me

Is there a normal challenge you set yourself? I normally find that trying out something new can help inspire. Normally I would manage at West Brom, but for recent years I've been managing at Lancaster City, and (now that they've been relegated massively) Barrow. In FM07 I also had a great savegame where I managed at Corinthians and I ended up playing that for more seasons than I had since the split with Eidos.

Inspiring you is hard without knowing what is most likely to do it.

All I can do is tell you that, after struggling to get going, I plumped for a game with Roma. Not sure why, but it just... stuck. I won Serie A in my first season and won the Coppa Italia too. Very pleased. I've just finished my second pre-season and bought some players that are making me really look forward to the coming season. My aim to try and make the Champions League final. I made the semis last season, but Inter outclassed me over two legs. I've got a much tougher group stage draw this time, though.

Having a ball with it, to be honest. Having recently been to Rome, I had a feeling Roma would be the one. If nothing else, try picking a team you're curious about or have a connection with, but who you don't necessarily support.

That's the best I can do for you, really.

(I think I now feel about Roma the way glamdring feels about Werder Bremen. :D)

Archived