Tideous micromanaging due to poor user interface.

I have not played the game for some time (a couple of years) since i stopped playing FM 2006.

(The economic's of that game made me stop because salary demands was to much based on clubs current account standing.)

Used the previous weekend to test FM09 (completed three seasons) and that's probably it for now.

The current user interface make tactic micromanaging way too tideous.

Please SI, take notes of this;

Tactics;

The game needs a way to store tactic orders to the players themselves.

Never to "run with ball", often do "Long shots" commands set on players that overrules the current tactics "position" settings. There sould be a on-screen warning if position orders conflicts with player orders (but player orders still take precedense).

Don't save the player names with the tactic (don't mix position orders with player orders).

When swapping tactics the current player positions are destroyed, even if loading a 4-4-2 when there was 4-4-2 already.

Training;

Please let us set a "training class" to each player, then let us assign training classes to training schedules.

This way we can assign all players in the "Defensive Class" to another schedule whitout having to reschedule each and every defensive player.

It's all about the user interface in the game, it needs to be made more effective.

To be fair, I would guess he's Norwegian and maybe English isn't his strongpoing. I think what he's saying is that the interface (i.e. what you see on the screen) isn't effective enough, especially in areas like tactics.

Nothing we haven't heard before, to be honest.

I think he's basically suggesting that the Ui workflow be improved, specifically player management and that the tactics module needs to retain OI information. Both good suggestions that come up pretty frequently .. :thup:

This probably explains what he meant better than I did.

Sorry about my poor english. Example:

I have a tactic with a DM position set to do "long shots" often.

I have two DM players; Player A with "long shot" stat at 16, Player B with 3 as "long shot" stat.

I want a way to store "never do long shots" to Player B.

Result: When Player A plays DM he fires a lot of long shots, when Player B are substituded for Player A he don't do "long shots" due to his "player setting" (overrides DM position setting).

Without "player settings" (as it is today) you have to re-do the tactics whenever there's a subsitutuion or positional change.

yeah. 9.2.0 better give us the possibillity to save opp instructions setups. coz I do the same thing every time I meet 4-4-2, and the same time time I meet a 4-5-1. So if I could have one opp inst set saved as 4-4-2, one as 4-5-1 one as 5-3-2 and so on I wouldn't have to do all that clicking but instead just load setup --> 4-4-2.

... can you not just multi-select the players on the training screen and then reassign their schedules all at once?

Did not work for me. I did multiselect the players but when I did set the new schedule it only was set on the first of the selected players.

Ah, second explanation was better tiltman - I agree, it would be nice. I setup (as no doubt do most of us) my tactics for the best 11 (in that formation) and subbing players means I am often tempted to tweak here there and everywhere because no two players are the same.

General UI/tactics redesign would be good but I dont think SI employ a designer (hint - I am available for GBP 5k a week).

I setup (as no doubt do most of us) my tactics for the best 11 (in that formation) and subbing players means I am often tempted to tweak here there and everywhere because no two players are the same.

Yeah. And the tweaking is fun the 10 first times but become annoying when You find yourself doing the exactly same ting a houndred times. This especially hurts when playing lower league because a lot of the players do not have the stamina for a hole match so You got to use all the subs in every match.

Subsititing a player often means changing positions on other players in the field... and additional tweaking.

General UI/tactics redesign would be good but I dont think SI employ a designer (hint - I am available for GBP 5k a week).

:-)

Did not work for me. I did multiselect the players but when I did set the new schedule it only was set on the first of the selected players.

You can set a filter and then do assign all, at which point it will only re-assign the players in the filter.

I've never tried to save one of those filters though, but I'm guessing you can.

Archived