A slight problem with clubs interest in players

The way the current offering out system means its impossible to find out just how genuine the AI's interest is in one of your players, I mean I've got a decent left back (Urby Emanuelson) with both Man Utd and Fiorentina interested, they've both been interested for over 12 months and neither have made a move, it would be nice if I could not offer him out but enquire about these clubs interest privately or something so my player doesn't become upset and border slashing his wrists.

Last time I offered a player out it turned out the teams weren't actually interested (at less than his value) because they were no longer looking to strengthen that area, the player concerned became upset, then became home sick and was putting in shocking performances so I had to shift him on for an absolute pittance of 1.5m after the summer before I'd turned down 10m bids.

one thing I have noticed about AI interest is if more than 4 top clubs are after your player you can pretty much definitely sell them for crazy money. For Villa - I had a complete revamp in my last close season and sold Marcelo - 38.5 - City, Cuellar 34 - City, Vukevic 34.5 - Barca, Moutinho 41 - Arsenal, Palacio 25 - United. Needless to say I had a big bumper spendup to replace all of those !

I agree - the teams rarely even enquire anymore about players, and they seem to only want to make bids when I have set an asking price of $0 set on players (this is even for players worth millions). I don't know why they can't program the AI teams so they know how much a player is reasonably worth (the same way we know how much a AI team's player is worth through a scouting report). Then they can make bids based on this amount instead of sitting there for months and months doing nothing.

I think this is supposed to reflect "real life" where quite often there are rumours of players linked with clubs but nothing ever materialises.

I've always found that offering players to clubs is not a good idea unless you want to get rid of him, he'll just become unhappy.

Exactly, there should be something of like where clubs who are interested you see whether they're interested or not so the player/club can get past it. It should be more of a case of just resolving interest I mean if they aren't looking to buy him then at least you know, because I'm half sitting here having to line up replacements for players but not knowing if I actually need them or not.

Archived