Appealing a sending off

I successfully appealed one on FM08 just before FM09 was released. It was my first in all the years I've played the game. I nearly fell off my chair in surpirse. 1 successul appeal from hundreds of appeals.

I have never won an appeal either, very similar to dodgy decisions during the game when you're asked to comment. The reviews by the association always seem to go against you and you always seem to end up worse off for having the cheek to dare question the game!! :p

That's one problem I've always had with the FM series. You can't really tell just by looking at the dots (or even the 3D engine) whether or not something should have been a foul or a card, and the commentary is sometimes misleading.

I've appealed cards before based largely on the commentary, and still had my appeal turned down even though the commentary suggested that it may not have been a red card.

So now I very rarely if ever appeal a sending off.

I'd love to see a successful ultimatum too

demanded more money off the porto board for transfers because i was on a rolling contract and i wanted to sign for another team without costing the other team compensation and to my surprise they gave me the whole bank balance

rest of the time i have just got the bullet :)

i once did a ultimatium for more money in 08 when i was yeovil in the championship i finieshed around 10th for 3 seasons and with only a transfer kitty of about 20k a season i thut i was doing well so i asked for more in the fourth season and they said no so did a ultimatium and they fired me only for the fans to say bring may back and that i agree i did more money so a week later they re offerd me the job and i got 400k :thup: kinda succesful to me :p

Archived