Should I go back to 08 or stay with 09?

Go back to 08 or stay with 09?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Go back to 08 or stay with 09?

• Go back to 08, it's better!
    • Stay with 09, it'll come good eventually.
    • Don't play any of them and go back to CM4!

Exactly what it says in the title. SHould I go back and play 08 or stay with 09. FM 08 is quicker with less bugs and the only thing that is drawing me to 09 is that everyone is at the right club but that changes after a season on 08 anyway. I don't know what I should do so I'll leva the decision to you guys.

Exactly what it says in the title. SHould I go back and play 08 or stay with 09. FM 08 is quicker with less bugs and the only thing that is drawing me to 09 is that everyone is at the right club but that changes after a season on 08 anyway. I don't know what I should do so I'll leva the decision to you guys.

FM 08 has a show stopper in the newgen problem, or isn't it that worse? I have never gone past 5 seasons.

Go back to 08. It's faster, the match engine is better.

Wait for the fourth patch for 09, which will be FM10, and by then it should be playable.

You always come out with derogatory drivel like this. Why are you even on these forums if that's all you come here for?

I suggest you to come back in 08, because 09 is fully bugged..... also with 9.0.1.

I am waiting for the 9.0.2. but if I have to wait until market transfer of january I think that i will ask for a refund..... Any news about the date of the new patch?

You always come out with derogatory drivel like this. Why are you even on these forums if that's all you come here for?

It is faster and the FM08 match engine is better.

The problems with 09 are clearly the kind of deep rooted problems that aren't likely to be solved in a patch or two. The confidence problems from 08 were only solved in 09, so it's not unheard of for it to take until the next version.

So I think of it as not so much derogatory drivel (thanks for being so polite by the way) and more being a realist.

I wont even justify your second piece of twittering with a riposte.

VB

Hey Tom are you "TomAVFC" that plays Fifa on the PS3?

Subjective, not definite.

My FM09 runs no differently in speed to FM08, and the FM08 match engine wasn't good until 8.2 anyway so it makes sense to hold off the comparison until the next patch comes out for 09.

Everything is subjective. Everything.

FM09 is, on my machine, slower than 08. I can run them back to back and 09 is slower. Now as I haven't got a thousand PCs to compare it on, I can only post about the empirical evidence I have.

Admittedly the match engine isn't yet fully patched. But, and this I think is the key here, it's worse than it was in 08. At the moment. Right now. Again I don't have the mythical future patch to tell if it will be better eventually and so, right now, it's worse than the 08 engine.

Given that we can play 08 in a patched state, then right now I was advising going back to 08, because 08 has been patched and can be played like that. You compare the best that each can be. Unless you're seriously suggesting that anyone who goes back to 08 should play it unpatched just because otherwise that wouldn't be fair on 09?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the small child in the Emperors New Clothes, and you're all the tailors.

Everything is subjective. Everything.

Then you shouldn't have highlighted "is" in bold as if it's a definite.

Personally, I disagree that FM08 is faster and that the match engine is better, because in my experience FM09 is the same speed and the match engine better reflects the tactics I am giving my players, I feel more in control.

I understand that other people have different views, for gods sake I live on GQ, but I don't shoot down other people for having different opinions or experiences.

my personal opinion is that this is the worse version of the game ever released. if i was dumped on a desert island with a generator and either the original cm and an amiga or a brand new laptop and fm09 to choose between i'd pick the cm/amiga all day long.

my personal opinion is that this is the worse version of the game ever released. if i was dumped on a desert island with a generator and either the original cm and an amiga or a brand new laptop and fm09 to choose between i'd pick the cm/amiga all day long.

Ok, but should he go back to FM08 or not?

Bug patch is on its way...if ppl only listen to the podcasts they would know...

Stay with 09 for at least another two weeks... Patch will be released before the 18th of december..although that is what Miles Jacobsen said on the podcast...

After that one is released, play it for some time...if its bug free keep playing 09...

Archived