Patch...

Does anyone else think it is bloody criminal that in order to get the game into any semblance of working order you have to download a patch before you start playing? Patches are for later on corrections from widespread testing of the real and working game, and also in this case for the Janruary transfer window. If any official members of S.I.Games are reading this can they answer a few questions please.

1. Is this going to become standard protocol? Having to download a patch to get the game to initially work.

2. Do you remember a game called Championship Manager? Don't play coy, i think you do. You do remember that when it started to get this buggy everyone jumped ship, right?

KingK - are you for real ? 99.9% of released pc games come with some type of bugs in the boxed version. And it's great that SI release a patch on the 1st day. And it's always been playable for me from day 1. The 1st patch fixed my only bug.

Sadly its already a standard.

There are lots of people who buy the game and don't update it as they don't know any better.

Its not acceptable for a game to be released and then only playable after a couple of patches.

Games should be released in a playable state instead of being rushed out.

I'm actually surprised software companies even have beta teams. They can just release their unfinished products and the public can pay to test games for them :-)

Exactly right. Don't listen to these people that bend over and take whatever crap they're given. The simple fact is, a lot of developers run greatly reduced or non existent testing schedules simply because they know the consumer will still buy it and then complain about the problems -so they can rush the game out and meet deadlines and then fix the issues further down the line.

It's not acceptable.

It is standard to release patches, but the fact that they are releasing a second within only a month or so shows the game should not have been released in that state. If it was 1 or 2 little things they would have waited until january.

I guess SEGA had a release date they had to meet.

Exactly right. Don't listen to these people that bend over and take whatever crap they're given. The simple fact is, a lot of developers run greatly reduced or non existent testing schedules simply because they know the consumer will still buy it and then complain about the problems -so they can rush the game out and meet deadlines and then fix the issues further down the line.

It's not acceptable.

then instead of repeating yourself in dozens of threads, go out and do somethng about it, if not then why repeat yourself ? surely the 1st 25,836 times would be enough

Archived