This isn't right is it???

Normally when a player has just less than 6 month left on there contract it lets you offer them a contract & if accepted comes in either 1st January or 1st July. When I search for players with less than 6 month on there contract there isn't the option to offer a contract to them.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else noticed this?

Depens from which country they are, if they are UK (Great brittain) then you only can sign them 1 month before there contact ends.

That only becomes active if you are an English teams offering a contract to a player playign for another English team, if you are a foreign team then the 6 month rule applies.

Alan Shearer was talking on Match of the Day the other week about Michael Owen being able to start speaking to other clubs in a month's time because his contract is up at the end of the season...either he's behind the times or players can actually talk to other clubs. Of course he may have meant foreign clubs, but I doubt that!

That only becomes active if you are an English teams offering a contract to a player playign for another English team, if you are a foreign team then the 6 month rule applies.

Also if you are, let's say Barca and make a offer for a player from A. Villa, is then also 1 month?

Alan Shearer was talking on Match of the Day the other week about Michael Owen being able to start speaking to other clubs in a month's time because his contract is up at the end of the season...either he's behind the times or players can actually talk to other clubs. Of course he may have meant foreign clubs, but I doubt that!

I think they can do something like sign a pre-contract now in this situation

Also if you are, let's say Barca and make a offer for a player from A. Villa, is then also 1 month?

I don't think so. On 08 at FC Bayern, Lansbury (Arsenal) signed a contract with me in January and I didn't have to pay a penny.

Edit: Yes, they can sign a pre contract in England, it's just confirmation that they won't be renewing their current contract. They can't sign the new contract with the new club until 1 month before the end of their current contract.

In UK the rule is one month for domestic transfers, if you are in control of a foreign club you can make the offers at 6 month. Other European countries it is 6 months, haven't played much overseas so not sure about domestic transfers in other countries. I think the non European countries got their own rules.

Archived